• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR aces 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a few years of trying, trying and trying some more I finally hit my first ace. I've hit the pole and basket and that chastity belt on the top several times over the years but could never find that magic to get that ace. Finally it happened today (well technically yesterday now 12/17/16).

Dynamic Discs Warrant hole #4 191ft at Adams Hollow DGC in Adams County, Colorado. I like to throw the Warrant I have on a good hyzer so it flips up flat to be dead straight with a very soft fade at the end. I cleared the tree on the left and got that soft fade going straight in at the basket. I was actually worried I was going to go long and shoot by the basket for a long putt as my brother asks, "What disc was that? Looks pretty good." Then "ching" it's in the chains and sticks. I lost it and think everyone in the area probably thinks I'm insane but I couldn't help it. Hopefully it's just the first of many more to come and it doesn't take several years to do it. Now I just have to get my brother to ace one so he doesn't feel left out.

I guess I can officially post here this year. Hit my first ace a few days back at Harry Myers in Rockwall, TX. Hole 15, 242ft. Was contemplating throwing the lower line with a midrange or the big hyzer over trees toward the basket with my PD2. At first I was sure it was going to be wide left and skip 30 feet off and I'd end up taking a 3 on an easy 2 hole. Wind was hit and miss, so taking the high route was already a gamble. Coming out of the hand it didn't feel great, but tracked perfectly, then chains. When it hit I just stood there dumb founded for a minute while a group on the next teepad were screaming hollering.

#5 1 per year since I started. Seems to be always around Feb-March. 1st Pdga 1st Money pot Ace. Collected 94 and some change. Split 2 ways. 225-250' Cap America Verdict over the top some trees on a Hyder line. Worst bucket in the whole park. Hit Heart of the chains and spun around while I was waiting for Spit outs. Card erupted which cued me into realization it stuck.

I'm on the board! I was playing with some buddies at Hansen, I find a DX Rhyno on hole 3, white with red stamp, patent numbers, no ink. I decided to play with it for the rest of the round as a joke, lit with my red ThrowLite. Sure enough, I nail hole 7 with a sweeping hyzer hahahahaha. My 2nd ace at Hansen and also my 2nd cone ace. Rhynos are awesome. The Thumtrac sucks, but overstable is good. I might have to give these a chance in Champion plastic. I can't get over how dopey Thumtrac feels, though. Nice to be on the board this early in the season.

Last weekend hit hole #13 at Lincoln Ridge in Independence, KY in an Ice Bowl. It's 317 foot blind anhyzer, hit it with an Opto Diamond. Split the $120 ace pot with one dude that aced hole 4.

8th career ace today. 150ft temp hole at Arrowhead Park. 1st sanctioned round ace, 2nd Ace pool ($32) and 3rd straight ace with a Spider, a very underrated disc.

hit an ace yesterday with my s-line CD2 on hole 8 at Central Park here in MN. Fun throw off a hill towards the basket. I caught essentially all basket and no chain, surprised it didn't bounce out! This was my second ace thrown backhand (last one 5 years ago) and 4th overall.

Hit my first ace ever Saturday 03/05/2016. Hole 4 at Miller Park/Lake Nyanza over the water. Now to make it more consistent. :)

DX Beast.

Ace #9 for me at league today, at Indian Hills here in Columbia on hole #8. Blind ace, big hyzer to the left placement with a DD Felon. My first ace since November 2012.

I'm on the board for 2016! Hole 3 at Leo Leathers park in Illinois. Sign says 180, but it plays 150ish. Completed the Hat Trick on that hole yesterday with my FF Wizard! #9 overall and my first with an RDG disc and first Wiz ace!

Got ace #2 & #3 yesterday. First one of the day was at Linbrook Park DGC on hole 9. Splashed a RHBH Nova dead center chains. Two buddies and I headed to Tomlinson Run State Park for the afternoon and I smashed chains on hole 11 there. Threw a RHFH Glo Z Zone on a rope and slammed chains. It was a heck of a disc golf day! :D

Who needs Easter eggs... when you get 2 Easter Aces!! First throw of the day Aced Pyramids Pink #1 with X Banger, then aced Pyramids #15 with the same disc! Also was an inch low of acing Pink #6 also with same disc. :cool:

Ace number 4: Dx Aviar right into the heart of the chains, Trails DGC number 15, short position.

Played at west park in Joliet today. On hole 6 I hit dead center with an alias, fell out. On hole 14 hit the basket and rolled OB. But hole 18 played a hyzer skip on a 330' hole. I didn't see it or hear it because the group behind us(who could see the basket) started going nuts. I didn't believe them till I saw the pink FD3 in the bottom of the basket. Wife was there and not very impressed

#1 back in January. Hole 17 at R.L Smith in Charlotte. Backed a Champion Leopard3.

So after hitting metal like 15 times this year one finally stuck yesterday. Hole 1 at Zimmerman DGC, MN. 204? feet. Got out of the car and just threw my Goldline Mercy in on a tiny anny. Got to hole 9 and tried for an Ace there, 274' ripped a Teebird 6 feet high and never left the basket, finally crashed off the top band. LOL.

Cubby ace today! I know it doesn't really count, but it's the first of any kind for me in years.

Flew to Germany overnight, landed at noon and went straight to the closest disc golf course since it's too early for hotel check-in. Wide open downhill 210' hole. Parked with my putter and threw a second shot with a Pinnacle Patriot just for the hell of it. Smashed chains dead center and stuck.

So got number 2 today for the year. Hole 2 at Ham Lake. 200 feet I think. Goldline Mercy again, same disc as last week. This one was lucky because it was heading a couple feet left but it ticked off a branch which knocked it on line. Smashed dead center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts