• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR aces 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my 6th ace this year today, threw an Opto Bolt on a big hyzer through a double mando and slammed chains hard. Was playing with 4 open players and we agreed before the round any aces would get $2 from each player, pocketed $8!

Ha! first Ace EVER today!!!!!!! 177ft left blind dogleg. 175g DX Leopard. been playing for a year a LOT and have hit chains many times, but an Ace has eluded me. funny thing is, I throw a Stingray at it a lot but like the way I can hook a Leopard left.

several people behind me heard and pumped me up. I usually play by myself, it was kind of nice to have someone around!

Today, after four years of being dragged from course to course while listening to endless disc golf related ramblings, my wife has finally hit her first ace. 150-200ft, slightly uphill panning anny shot with a 150 gram M4 in 400G plastic. Woot woot!

Back in the flow, Ace 10 on the year, smacked number 6 at Ham Lake DGC. 225' GoldLine Mercy. I knew it was in 150 out.

Hey, I'm up to 18 on the year! Got 2 this week. The straight shorty at BRP 160 feet? and #8 at Ham Lake DGC. My Usual Suspect (pun intended :wall:).

Played the Fifth Inaugural Redneck Open last Saturday. Sidearm Don gathers pond discs and 'donateds' each time, and you get one in your players pack to throw for a CTP prize before the first round. Mine was a full color, stamp wiped, esp Buzzz.

DIDN'T win the CTP.

...BUT... threw it for a big, sweeping hyzer ace on a 215' blind hole today at Karl vonColdewey (hole #3). My 20th ace. Sweet!

Skipped one in on #16, Calumet Lake DGC (Michigan), 190 feet using a Champion Archon. It was kind of ugly, but I did play for a skip as the fairway rises up before the basket.

Sat Sept 10th at Mastadon Open in Fort wayne, Indiana held on IPFW campus.... Hit an island hole 18 with my BB Anniversary Aviar. 2nd tourney in a row in FTW with an Ace! Best part is that hole was also the 50/50 hole! :)

Hit my third ace of the month today on the first throw of a casual round with friends. Happy to have a 4-time ace disc in the bag!

First ace today, hole #13 at Jesse James Park in Kearney, Mo. =D

Disc: Opto Pain.

Congrats Nova! First one is the sweetest.

...humble brag: hit my first one of a new month today in the Battle of the Burg 5 tournament. My first ever skip ace. Williamsburg (OH), hole #15.

Turns out aces DO come in bunches, like they say.
...Who knew?
Williamsburg hole #5 today. Short but sweet.

Ace #14 on Saturday! Timmons Park, Hole #8. Forehand rhyno. That makes 3 aces with rhynos this year and 2 of them with a forehand!

Williamsburg hole #1 today (we ignore the mando). Bard through the trees & into the new basket. Had to do it in a solo round, not on doubles night, when it's the CTP hole, but I'll take an ace!
134f837b.jpg

First Ace. Hole #1 in the A position from the orange tee at Picnic Island. This is a short 135 footer, with the tee on a raised cliff and the basket sitting on the beach. It was a blind ace since I can't see over the overgrowth and, unfortunately, I didn't even hear the chains. When I walked down the trail and around the palms to take my putt, there was my Zone sitting in the basket.

Aces normally come in bunches for me, and it happened again. Hit Token Creek 8 to blue with a Respecti last weekend.

Then Saturday hit Birds Ruins 9 long pin with a Tursas on a high anny. I wouldn't even have thought that hole was possible to hit with a backhand.

Then Sunday hit Elver 12 with a QMS on just a terrible throw. Through a pine on the right side of the fairway, off a tree in the woods, and right in. Worst ace ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts