• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR aces 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
9th career Ace 10/18/16. Arrowhead Park new Hole 11. 125ft. Fourth consecutive ace with a Spider
and fourth straight year with at least 2 aces.

I got my third ace on Nov. 6th. Hole #2 at my local course, Highland Park DGC. The hole is only 185' but the shot for me ( rhbh) is a low ceiling less than 7' under and thru the trees with a skip to finish toward the pin.

The shot was good and came in hot with a nice high flared skip to smash the chains and stick. I have hit metal several times and got close. I was hoping it hit the basket because it was going OB into the creek if it did not hit something.

The disc was my trusty Star Teebird that I got from Kodachrome.

First time posting from a phone, sorry for the upside down pic. How do I fix that?

Attachments

• 20161106_105246.jpg
    20161106_105246.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20161106_105425_Burst01.jpg
    20161106_105425_Burst01.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Nov. 6 must of been a great day for Aces. Congrats on your 3rd.:thmbup:
Made my at 1st. Katherine Legge Park Hinsdale Ill.
Hole # 5 220 ft. Renegade Lucid Air enjoyed and shock watching it go in with a friend.:hfive:

Last edited:
Got my third and fourth ace within 3 weeks (10/23 & 11/06) this year. Both were during a tournament and one made me win a good amount of cash. However aces itself are priceless.

The disc golf gods have smiled upon me once again, this time on the 225ft hole 13 of Showa Kinen Park. I hit the right gap with a 159 FAF Champ Firebird and played the skip, all cage and no chain

Got my 4th ace ever last Thursday on hole 9 at quail ridge with a RDG armor flex Ptero. Little tree love right at the end of the flight stuck it in the basket.

71aea1a3.jpg

two aces in 2016.

One over 300 feet and one under.

So, only one real ace :/

Why stop there? If it wasn't during an official tournament with rated rounds do you still feel comfortable calling it a real ace?

I'm comfortable. :p
It's not the big 'D' that matters, it's the motion of the chains!
Williamsburg (OH) hole 4 today. casual, solo round. 240' wide open and a temptress every time. Finally got 'er! Really pretty fade line straight in the chains.
Been blessed with aces this fall. :eek:

Why stop there? If it wasn't during an official tournament with rated rounds do you still feel comfortable calling it a real ace?

Under 300 is just a long putt

Sry

Also

Another disc golfer must witness it. I'd have like five more aces but only my wife saw them.

I'll take a technical sub 300ft ace over a boring 300ft+ ace in an open field any day.

Hit my first ever ace today!

Unfortunately, not only was I playing solo so I didn't have a witness, but there wasn't even another person on the course :wall:

Was a pretty simple hole, only 220 feet with no elevation change and nothing in between me and the basket but I picked up a disc for the first time only 6-7 months ago so I'll take it

Had 2 in 2016 (so far).

Renske hole #4 238ft spike hyzer with a plasma volt

Canaan Sandhills #15 265ft with a soft n proxy

*edited to wonder why I don't bag those discs anymore

Last edited:
Got my first ever ace a few weeks ago. Hole 5 at Portland Lunchtime DGC. Wide open, ~220 ft. Brand new DX Vroc, first round with the disc. I just threw it out there on a hyzer and it slammed in dead center.

This summer I got a Gstar Vroc which I loved. It would hold whatever line I put it on, similar to a Nova. Well, one day I yanked it down a ravine, long gone. I bought a Star Vroc to replace it, only that thing was overstable AF. It sucked. I could throw a putter further than it. Then one day I saw a DX Vroc in Dick's, picked it up, and aced it!

A year and half of a dry spell ended today, got my first Leg-ace (using all Legacy bag), having come oh so close (fraction of an inch high or low, chain spitouts, etc.) a good dozen times since my first ace. It's a short hole on a winter layout, 50m = 164ft, actually not sure it's even that long. But it is a shot through a gap in a tree line (with limbs/branches eliminating any shot higher than 10 feet) with a mando you have to pass right of that then needs to make its way far, far left. Luckily, the ground was hard-packed snow, so low skip shot with Legend Rival found a good skip and the chains for sucked the disc in instead of spitting it out.

Hole 10 Veteran's Park in Sylmar, CA during the Xmas Open. My first PDGA ace. Legacy Icon Patriot I bought from Supreme Flight. Hyzer flipped through the center gap, then faded just when it needed to...right into the bushes opening.
tumblr_oiveu6TRUy1v9kyzpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oiveufRCXs1v9kyzpo1_540.jpg

Wow! Nice ace!
...talk about a 'guarded green...
Did it skip in or fly in pure?

Thanks! I'd like to think that it jammed straight into the bottom of the basket (because we didn't hear any chains) but it was more likely a pachinko ace. It did fade in, all air, through the opening, but then probably hit the branches to the right or just above the basket to take some steam off before finding the chains.

Status
Not open for further replies.