• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2017

Had my first ever ace today!
Hole 3
Knob Hill
246 ft.
Latitude 64 Saint Pro on a smooth hyzer flip to flat, back to hyzer.

I played super cali at doubles tonight, started on hole 4. Was not playing well, and was extremely unhappy with myself. First shot on the last hole of the day, pured straight out of my hands, card knew it was good. Cruised right into the basket. 50 dollar ace pot.

Can't believe I did it!
And just like that... crappy round gone great! Congrats! :hfive:

Hit an ace on my first throw of the morning today on hole 1 at Woodland Mound & decided I was feeling frisky. Focus through the trouble holes & see if I could also shoot a personal course best. Yes, it's a pitch and putt, Steady Ed original course, but shooting a 39 was sweet! Having also shot a personal best 48 at Williamsburg yesterday and a personal best of 66 at Monroe on Sunday, I'm feeling pretty darn good. :D

...But Murphy's Law will probably catch up to me for Sunday's Summer Sizzler :eek:

Hit an ace on my first throw of the morning today on hole 1 at Woodland Mound & decided I was feeling frisky. Focus through the trouble holes & see if I could also shoot a personal course best. Yes, it's a pitch and putt, Steady Ed original course, but shooting a 39 was sweet! Having also shot a personal best 48 at Williamsburg yesterday and a personal best of 66 at Monroe on Sunday, I'm feeling pretty darn good. :D

...But Murphy's Law will probably catch up to me for Sunday's Summer Sizzler :eek:

yea Monroe can have that effect on a person...:wall:

I hit hole 12 Blue at Diamond X this past Saturday, July 22nd.

Forehand spike hyzer with a CG FT champ Firebird. I've chased that line many times throughout the years and it finally dropped into the chains cleanly.

Best part of the whole deal is, that disc has a really nice lookin' stamp that says:

TEAM STICKIN' PUTTS

Hit Elver 17 at the shortest pin with my not-quite-as-beat Tank.

That one is at the perfect stability right now where I can hyzer it full power and it flips to flat but not past it and just sails perfectly straight for the entire flight.

4th of the year, 3rd with a Tank.

Hit my first of the year, and 3rd overall, on 7-25.

Ashland HS, Hole 8. 156' with an XT Colt. Released flat (RHBH) with a turn and fade right into the chains.

First putter ace, and first on my birthday. First I didn't get paid for, and first witnessed by my family.

Last edited:
8/3/17 Career ace #10. Arrowhead Park #11 downhill 124ft with a DX Spider. Same hole and disc as my 9th ace last year. Still good.

Hit a league Ace the other night on a wide open hole that plays uphill- not sure of the distance, but plays about 385 or so. I'm right handed and the fairway is up hill and drops right to left so my Destroyer had some serious heat on it. I think the only reason it stayed in was because it came in nice and low so it did not have room to hit chains/pole and pop out. Should net me like $400.

EDIT: Hole 5 at Indian Camp Creek Park in Foristell, MO. B position I think.

#5 on the year. Hit 12 at Sandy Point on the way back from Highbridge. In the left spot.
First time hitting an ace on the first time I played a hole. Sign says 306 I think.

Hit it with my Brock Samson Respecti. Second ace with that disc and had a couple hard chain outs this year. Funny that the ace that stuck was one I didnt hear or see - we just saw it in the basket after my buddy putted. Must have went in the back of the basket with no chains - or maybe skipped and barely trickled in. It was cool but like the least exciting ace.

Aced hole 5 at Mountain Man's Red Course (unlisted on here currently). About 180' approximately, flat, with a 10 foot window of two trees framing the pin, guarded all around by more trees. Threw a lazer, gentle hyzer, and dunked it right into the strong side of the chains. Ace number 3 of my lifetime.

Last edited:
#21 for me came last night.....

Joralemon Park, hole 7, 255ft. RHBH hyzer with a Champ Wraith.

194973fc.jpg

every throw ever with a Bolt is an Ace for me.

On my lunch break today I went to search for my hopelessly shanked champ tern. About to give up and throw a few holes, I found a 169g pink opto Bolt with no ink. Nobody was around so i picked it up and headed to the nearest tee, hole 8 at Alton Baker Disc Golf Course: a ~275 ft low ceiling tunnel that finishes right. I have never thrown a Bolt but have heard them to be on the flippy side so I snap off a low forehand with plenty of hyzer. The bolt moves right to left as it rises and flips up to flat, then proceeds to push straight forward for the next 100 feet, at which point I whisper, "Go in." The bolt fades perfectly around the last tree, rings up chains and falls in the bucket! I throw my other 5 discs I have with me, pick up, ride over to the first tee and drop off the bolt at the lost and found, and head back to work.
Stopping by the course on my way home, I ring up back to back chain outs practicing hole 18. Crank forehand, then squall backhand turnover.

Hit my 7th ace today at Country Course in Louisburg, NC (private unlisted). Haven't been to CC in several months so I was psyched to get an ace after a great work day. Cut down a bunch of trees then pured hole D (front yard) with my rancho star roc. Heard from Billy (owner) I am the first person to ace it since he changed the basket location.

26 Aug 2017. Bought a new Champion Teebird to replace my previous (RIP), took it out to McFarland Park (Florence, AL) for a round that same day. Get to hole 12 (red tee to A pin, 265') and throw it on a mild anny between the green and the pond shrubs. It pulls out and fades back around the tree in front of the basket, rattles chains, and sticks for my first ace.

Number 6 on the season! One away from my record of 7 in a year.

This one might have been the best one Ive ever hit, in terms of difficulty. Hole 6 at Stony Creek in Fredonia, WI from the long tee. Uphill, pin is on a steep downslope to the left. In the first pic, the pin is about 70-80 ft behind the big tree. Second pic is basket back to the tee. Sign says 310 but I think its a bit shorter than that.

Hit it with the mamba on a perfect hyzerflip. I barely heard anything and thought it was just wishful thinking, but sure enough it was in the basket.

Attachments

• 20170826_100727.jpg
    20170826_100727.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20170826_100602.jpg
    20170826_100602.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20170826_100546.jpg
    20170826_100546.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 19