• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2019

Aced hole 11 at North Asheboro Park today. Opto-X Fuse banged off a tree just left of the basket and straight into the tray, barely made a chain jingle. Some sweet mumble rap blaring in the background too. :| 2nd ace this year (Aced hole 11 at Garden Grove, Pleasant Garden). I like hole 11 apparently.

For my future reference since I'm starting to lose track of these:
Hole 6 at N. Asheboro twice (Sidewinder & Eagle-X)
Hole 18 at N. Asheboro (S.EX)
Hole 11 at N. Asheboro (Opto-X Fuse)
Hole 3 (beginner loop) at Creekside, (Banshee thumber)
Hole 11 at Garden Grove (C-PD)
Hole ? at Piney Lake (C-PD)
Hole 5 at Wellspring (Opto Core)
Hole 17? at Oakboro (Pro. Ion)
Hole ? at N. Asheboro (Ace Race :rolleyes: )

Lifetime ace #10

Dretzka Park, Milwaukee, WI, first ever 300 FT ace! Hole 3 (Side 9), 172g star Teedevil

bDzaZUw.jpg

7JdNrUw.jpg

uj2uC9M.jpg

DxVZWRX.jpg

My first forehand flick ace. Hole two @ River Ranch DGC. R-Pro Rhyno.

picture.php

6th ace today on hole 8 at Wildwood park in Marshfield WI. My first there somehow and on one of the least likely I felt. Flexed a VIP Northman and all chains right side. It made my day since I blasted tons of chains on hole 1 of North park with a anny Maverick shot. Third time I've hit the basket, cage, pole on that hole this year. I'll take my consolation prize though.:thmbup:

Playing dubs tonight I hit a BH anny shot with my Cryztal Challenger. Paid out $84 which I split with my partner. Won the dubs round at -13.

I've been waiting 7.5 years to say this, but I finally hit another ace! Not just 1, but 2, in back to back rounds! You can imagine my excitement.

Lakeview Park in Middleton, WI
#3, 180 ft, Sinus SP
#1, 185 ft, Grip Pure

Yay!

I upped my total to 3 now this year a couple weeks ago. I got the island hole at Token Creek or Vallarta-ast as you'll find it here. Hole 22 I think. Opto explorer on a flex. Kind of a lucky one because the wind shot it way up in the air. I thought I was gonna sail past the green but then the wind knocked it way down and CHING. That one was lucky. That was my second ace in less than a week. I was pretty pumped. Then I hit one on hole 5 with a burst Trident on the red fox in Kenosha WI. That was 3 in 6 days for me. Pretty epic but It'll probably be another 4 years or so before another. They come in bunches for me I guess.

For me as well. Unfortunately I haven't had any bunches this year.

Nice hit at token. I've still never got either island hole (token or cap springs).

Funny you said this. We played token then cap springs on our way down to Milwaukee. I was pretty excited about my earlier ace so when I got to the island hole at CS I thought I'm on a hot streak now so just smash some more chains here. It's even downhill and less windy. I took a 5. So it took me 6 shots on the 2 islands combined which I feel I could get in 4 shots more times than not. :D

Got my 1st ace of the year and 2nd all time. It was on the same 159' hole I got last year. I know that is a long putt for some of you but for a 63 year old new be with Copd it made my whole week. Hadn't played that course in a long time. I just happened to be in that town and had time to kill. So I would try to get in 9 holes before the time I had to meet up with the people..Stopped at the course and remembered I had taken my bag out of the car to make room for the stuff I was there to pick up. Then I found I had left 3 discs in the trunk when I took my grandson to play.Even though I had never used this disks I figured I would give it a shot. Ended up not only getting the ace but playing the best 9 holes I ever played. Maybe I should use 3 odd disks whenever I play.

I got an ace on my very first throw during league at Kinslow Park. I shanked the Meteor on hole 9, it hit some branches and floated right into the basket. $120 ace pot to me, and I shot even for my first round of league this year.

Ace number 4 this year on 9/20. Hole 3 at one of my home courses, North Park of Wood County or Richfield as we all call it around here. 230ish I'd guess. I got it with an annhyzer lucid Maverick shot RHBH. That's 4 this month! The funny thing is that I throw the same disc and shot on hole 1 of this course and I've smashed chains, hit the cage center a couple inches short and also hit the pole all this year. There is a low hanging branch that's in my anny line for RHBH on this hole though. I told it to get down and it did. I've had 5 aces in about 15 years thru august. 4 in September so far. This is getting silly. 4 of the last 5 days I've played I smashed chains. My wife told me to start sharing and I wish it was that easy.

I got my 8th ever a couple of weeks ago during random dubs. And my partner and I shot the low round, to boot. I have to tell the story, because it was pretty funny how it all went down. Bear with me...

Platnation Ruins at Winget, Hole 15. It's short, 198'. And the basket for the next hole is maybe 40 feet left of 15's teepad.

So the group in front of us includes our buddy Joe. As his group is coming off 16 to walk toward 17 - before we tee - he says, quietly, "Hey." Very unobtrusive, but of course we all heard him. That was the intent, after all...

I return the greeting.
"Hello," he continues.
""Hi."
"Hola."
"Greetings."
"Howdy."
"Guten tag!"

And like that, all the way to their teepad. It's about 100 feet away or so.

So I step up to begin my shot, still having honors.

As I take my first little step, I hear ""Hey."

Sounds like it's from miles away, but clear as a bell. I can't help but bust out laughing. You had to be there, I guess. It's not funny as I write it, but we were all breaking up. And without waiting for the giggling to subside, still grinning myself, I just stepped and threw my McPro Aviar.

Tight down the right side of the fairway...it's looking good...(but they always do if you make it past the first few trees)...tiny little left turn just in time...BANG!

I look instantly to Joe's group. Of course they heard it. And he's standing there giving me two birds down on his hips, like a gunslinger. No...like Roland, THE gunslinger...

Anyway. Took home a little money that day. But I did pay Joe's entry money, for as he pointed out afterward: without him, it never would've happened. It's debatable, but I stipulate that it's possible. Besides, what's six bucks between friends? And hear me, brethren, and witness my Oath: My partner for the day didn't get anything from me. I blame the confusion and chaos in the parking lot when it was all being decided. And I blame Joe. :D
My partner that day was another buddy named Chuck, and Chuck will be handed some cash next time I see him. I dropped the ball. It won't happen again. :thmbup:

Got my first ace after my 4 year "break" from disc golf during college. A short open 163 foot hole at Galloway Park. First actual throw of the day. Threw a Neutron Resistor out to the left of the basket and slowly faded back right on a forehand shot. First forehand ace and I've been working a lot on my forehand so it's nice to see it has ace potential :clap: Third ace overall, shortest one but my first with my forehand

I swear all of my aces are out of nowhere and I don't expect it. When I get excited for ace runs, it's either long or short and when I'm just watching the shot and not really thinking about it and next thing I know it's sitting in the basket

Nice week so far: Aced a temp hole at a Birdie Bash fundraiser (for a new course in Stonelick Park, OH) on Saturday, my buddy hit #17 at Woodland Mound Tuesday, then I hit #8 at Amelia yesterday. Wonder what this weekend will bring for us? :)