• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2020

First ace of 2020!

Hole 13, Valley View Park, New Berlin, WI

245', made on a high hyzer FH with a 173g Prodigy H3/V2

123rjwK.jpg

Good to get that first one of the year!

Got my first ace today!! #14 at Creekside. 126 foot downhill blind tee shot with creek about 10 feet behind the basket. Hit it with a tomahawked Blowfly that went in upside-down. I didn't see it because it's a blind tee shot but my friend who was spottin at the crest of the hill saw it the whole way. I heard it though; sounded amazing! No pic because we didn't have our phones with us.

I was TDing this weekend so no aces for me but in a 2 day, 1 21-hole round per day format, the field broke my person "TD ace total" of 3 by knocking down 4. Additionally, I'd never TD or played in a tourney where a player in a female division aced and one of our FA1 players hit one and this was her first tournament. Super fun weekend!

carded my first ace last night at Johnson Park Hole 7. 297' across the ravine to the left. I threw LHBH with some Anny.

My 2nd throw ever with this DX teebird a buddy gave me at the start of this round as the "mascot disc" of our Wednesday evening gatherings. My favorite part is we didn't hear the disc hit metal and the rest of the folks on the card missed the gap and went deep into the rough so we spent a solid 20 minutes finding all of their discs before we even realized I had aced the hole.
image1%2B%25287%2529.jpeg

carded my first ace last night at Johnson Park Hole 7. 297' across the ravine to the left. I threw LHBH with some Anny.

My 2nd throw ever with this DX teebird a buddy gave me at the start of this round as the "mascot disc" of our Wednesday evening gatherings. My favorite part is we didn't hear the disc hit metal and the rest of the folks on the card missed the gap and went deep into the rough so we spent a solid 20 minutes finding all of their discs before we even realized I had aced the hole.
image1%2B%25287%2529.jpeg

Nice to see baskets there again! I need to get back. It was a special place for me back in 1998 because I met a whole bunch of friends there I still hang out with today. I also remember the mosquitoes being absolutely vicious that day.

Barela color glow Teebird3.

~320 foot hole. Over all pretty flat. Goes up a little, then dips down a little.

Forehand anny through the gap, slight right hand fade into the chain at the end if the flight.

I actually have multiple aces on the short pin, because it's just a baby hyzer with like a zone, wasp, or whippet depending on the wind.

Happy to finally get the long pin. I usually throw past this pin because I'd never aced it before. I guess I can start playing to land short for an easy birdie instead of running it for ace every time now.

Attachments

• 20200703_200944.jpg
    20200703_200944.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200703_200930.jpg
    20200703_200930.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200703_200919.jpg
    20200703_200919.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 14
Another "not my ace" story...

My neighbor up in Big Sky hit hole 13 at Bighorn Ridge during our 4th of July Dubs round for a nice little $70 pot.

Then last night(3 days later) he hit both 6(short tee) and 17 at Bighorn during the weekly I run. Cleaned up a $248 ace pot. First time I've ever played a round with somebody that got more than 1 HIO, pretty dang fun to watch!

Hit an ace with my mulligan shot on the first hole at Kaposia during mulligan league last Tuesday. Then, hit an ace on Woodland Greens 18 in the Woodland Bear tournament at Highbridge this past Sunday for two payout aces in a week. Rare to get two aces in a week but still doesn't top this honor. They are going to the county to name the entrance road to the Highbridge Pro Shop after me so it has an address for deliveries.

Hit an ace with my mulligan shot on the first hole at Kaposia during mulligan league last Tuesday. Then, hit an ace on Woodland Greens 18 in the Woodland Bear tournament at Highbridge this past Sunday for two payout aces in a week. Rare to get two aces in a week but still doesn't top this honor. They are going to the county to name the entrance road to the Highbridge Pro Shop after me so it has an address for deliveries.

Chuck Kennedy Way.

Then you can tell people you finally got your way. :thmbup:

Chuck Kennedy Way.

Then you can tell people you finally got your way. :thmbup:
Chuck Kennedy Drive is what they are submitting to the county. They had "lane", "way", "approach" and "trail" also in consideration.

Chuck Kennedy Drive is what they are submitting to the county. They had "lane", "way", "approach" and "trail" also in consideration.

Cool!

What should we call that axle-busting rock in the middle of it?

I got ace number 2 of the year today on little 164 foot hole. Hole 1 of Pine park in Balsam Lake. Cryzstal Buzzz on a baby turnover right in the middle. Added 9 more WI courses to the total too. Productive day.

I got ace number 2 of the year today on little 164 foot hole. Hole 1 of Pine park in Balsam Lake. Cryzstal Buzzz on a baby turnover right in the middle. Added 9 more WI courses to the total too. Productive day.

if you played amery i aced hole 1 a few years back with my plaz ion

Hit my first money ace in over 4 years on Saturday. Only $27 in the ace-pot, so i put $5 back into the ace-pot and put the rest into the basket fund. Bonus hole 10 at V-Rock. 194 feet. i threw a forehand s-line for a dead center smash.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20200718_194108780.jpg
    IMG_20200718_194108780.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Latest posts