• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2021

Got one that I've been after since I first started playing. I've drawn at least my fair share of metal over the years so I was quite pleased to finally hole out in one.

Diamond X - Billings, MT
Hole 9 Red(previously Hole 9 Green)
173' Uphill 37'
Basket mounted to the side of a ~15' cliff
RHBH with an Eraser Serpent
Photo cred to @ThrowBot
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• E6B2DCF0-B74B-4E47-BF51-5C24AF0B8BF3.jpg
    E6B2DCF0-B74B-4E47-BF51-5C24AF0B8BF3.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 2A156F23-4939-4925-A4FB-AB03B62D23BF.jpg
    2A156F23-4939-4925-A4FB-AB03B62D23BF.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 125
So what is the go to shot when you are literally 15 feet under the basket? Fadeaway jumper? Assuming you can do that and not die.

So what is the go to shot when you are literally 15 feet under the basket? Fadeaway jumper? Assuming you can do that and not die.

There's a specific boulder that you can lay-up onto, that gives you a putt for 3 from roughly 8' back and 8' below the rim. So it can be a pretty routine par unless the wind is whipping.

Let us know when, we enjoy playing Sherpa out there and it's much more fun than hacking through blind.

Much more possible, I'd say! (But also more fun.)

A little over a month before I play it. I'm not worried about acing anything, just surviving lol.

I'm glad I'll have some solid guides.

Hi everyone! First post on here, I'm a 15 year old that's super into disc golf and I just hit my third ace ever last week! Hole 27 at SeaTac with my VIP Harp. It was my first time playing seatac, and my round wasnt going great so i just focused in on the basket on the last hole and... it skipped right into the chains.

Well I went out for a buddys birthday skins match, I missed the first 16 holes.. Played last 2 and front 9.. Down some skins..

Finally bagged #7 tonal with a LHFH Hex, just caught the top... not a great distance maybe 220' but that sucker has haunted my dreams for years. I didn't see it, others did but I heard the faint ping... I can finally cross off the whole front 9!!!! :D :D :D :D

The downside is the aces I'm missing are all pretty tough.. 13,14,16,24,27.. Not great odds on any of those.. 13/16 I can still reach...but it would take a lucky ass shot... it will take a freaking miracle and some kinda updraft for the other 3.

Last edited:
NICED, Mr. Wellsbranch.

I didn't get one recently, but my best buddy did, at #13 over at Eager Beaver.

We started playing there on Tuesdays and Thursdays, because my younger son has rugby practice nearby. It's such a fun mid-range and putter workout. And you always run into the nicest people...

He couldn't have been smoother in his drive, nor any happier when it stuck. He had to sit down on the bench and take it all in. I'd post a photo I took of that sh*t-eating grin he had, but don't want to infringe upon any privacy concerns he might have.

Go, Mr. Julius. I'm here for you, brother.

Got my second ace this year at Loutsis Park in Carnation, WA on Halloween.. Hole 5 180' RHBH with the same Comet I've aced the hole with twice before. I chained out the day before and hit nubs dead center last week in the weekly dubs tourney. This is an island hole, and if you run the chains there's a good chance you will end up OB long.

Got my 3rd ace this year at Loutsis Park in Carnation, WA today! Hole 14 180' RHBH with the same Comet I aced with the other two times. I released it and said "That's a really nice shot, and I think it's in." CHING!!! It was a very gentle hyser, but it made a lot of noise.

I've never had 3 aces in one year much less two in one month. There was a 20-year drought from 1988-2008, but I was playing more Ultimate than disc golf. I'm having rotator cuff surgery in a couple of weeks, but I'll be grinning as they put me under. Cheers!

Sequoyah 6, Canton, GA, 11/21

298 per UDisc gentle downhill. Beautiful flex with an Axiom Crave. Got a little lucky on the right side of the S missing a couple skinny trees but brushed the chains and sat down quick in the basket. The highlight of a very up and down round.

Latest posts