• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Birthday Giveaway 2009 Discussion

Pretty much.. I'll just create a script to pick a number between 1 and X where X is the number of entries.

Well there is a lot more to this site than just the forums. I was using the course directory and dashboard feature way before I made my first post.

And don't under count the number of people who read the forums but never post. Look at the "current active users" on the front page of the message board. There are as many guests as there are members. I personally read 4 different message boards on a daily basis, and this is the only one I have ever actually posted on. That doesn't mean I don't like the other sites. Some people just don't have the time or the interest to do anything more than read what's going on.

Very true. I was primarily using this site to look for courses I wanted to travel to or find more in my area. I never even looked at the forum until earlier a few days before I posted in the contest thread. It has pushed me into participating more actively though. For some reason I seem to dive into online communities head first after watching from the side for awhile.

And with $75 credit...I'll probably be putting out at least $50 of my own money...aren't gift cards supposed to save you money?

If you need help making the random number selector, I'm sure I could whip up a quick Java program for ya ;-P

Very true. I was primarily using this site to look for courses I wanted to travel to or find more in my area. I never even looked at the forum until earlier a few days before I posted in the contest thread. It has pushed me into participating more actively though. For some reason I seem to dive into online communities head first after watching from the side for awhile.

And with $75 credit...I'll probably be putting out at least $50 of my own money...aren't gift cards supposed to save you money?

That's exactly how I started out. I joined in November and I used it to find courses and read about them. I read peoples posts and reviews daily (x10), and have just recently started to become active. This contest is so awesome. Tim this is such a nice thing to do. I hope someone wins who really deserves it.

I haven't looked through every post on the discussions so I'm sorry if this has been covered. Does anybody know what time the drawing results will be posted?

That's exactly how I started out. I joined in November and I used it to find courses and read about them. I read peoples posts and reviews daily (x10), and have just recently started to become active. This contest is so awesome. Tim this is such a nice thing to do. I hope someone wins who really deserves it.

I had never been part of an online community before. But since I was using the site to find courses to play when work had me traveling, it only seemed natural to join in. It has been fun.

Not sure yet.. if I have time this morning/afternoon I'll do it during the day, otherwise I'll do it after work. It's pretty likely that I'll do it this morning though.

Latest posts