• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Disc: Mold

Since nobody has mentioned it yet, you should be able to get FT (Flat-top) Rocs with a custom disc order. They cost a little more (about a $1.50 per disc(?) - because they require extra processing steps) but they are popular and very hard to find.
I like the DX Teebird idea.
As far as mold goes, I think 25 per mold/plastic is the minimum. However, if you talk to them, they might make an exception.
The guys at Innova are all disc golf nuts, so they are great to talk with.

Does Innova allow you to mix different plastics of the same mold provided that you have the 25 piece minimum? Like say you wanted both the Star and Champion version of the same disc? Say 15 Champion and 10 Star?

Also, are they hard set on buying exactly 25 or a multiple of 25? Could we get three molds in a 30-30-40 bunch?

I am hoping this is the case. I dont throw anything but star teebirds.

I might get an eagle for my bro-in-law

Aviar Putters are something almost everybody (that throw Aviar putters of course) can use another one of. Surprised that Valkyries haven't been mentioned given as many as I see being thrown.

Aviar Putters are something almost everybody (that throw Aviar putters of course) can use another one of. Surprised that Valkyries haven't been mentioned given as many as I see being thrown.

I could use about 100 more BB Aviars!!

Timg - it may be time for a poll, with specific mold/plastic entries and allow multiple votes for each member.

I'm seeing something like this, based on popularity of the discussion...

DX Roc
KC Pro Roc (if available)
DX Teebird
Champion Teebird
Star Teebird
DX Eagle-X
Star Eagle-X
Star Destroyer
...and I'm sure I missed one or two.

Not only would this help select the molds, but may suggest a 50/50, 25/25/50 and so on break down with regards to plastics. There may be a clear winners and some very close ties.

It seems Eagle, Teebird and Roc are the favored molds. I'm leaning towards DX for the plastic. I'd do pre-orders to try and order the appropriate amount. I need to have at least 25 per mold to make it happen.

about how much are these bad boys gonna cost? im getting one regardless, just curious if there was an estimated price yet...

I need to get a shipping cost from Innova.. but I'd imagine in the $11-$13 range + shipping (don't hold me to those numbers though). Shipping on multiple discs could be combined so you only pay it once.

I may get a couple rocs just to give away so those people unknowingly advertise the site. Other than that I'd prefer premium plastic in the drivers, id probably get one of each. I'd prefer something in my signature but that's not the most important.

If it were a bagged disc I'd have to buy at least 3 of it minimum

The only disc I throw out of the 3 is a Roc :) I have a TeeRex in my bag that I use on occasion, haven't tried the Teebird.

Probably looking at 50 bucks or so to ship. Has always been about that much when I order from them.

hey tim can you attach the pic? your hosting site is blocked by our filter here...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
95 discs, 50 minis, and the silver sponsorship package (5 shirts, towels, 3 hats) shipping:

$46.68

I emailed Innova just now to ask about mixing plastics.. (ie. 10 DX, 15 Pro, etc.)

Yea, that was just an example.. not an actual distribution. I'm guessing you probably can't mix the plastics in the set of 25 anyway.

Latest posts