• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR encounters of the 3rd kind

haha funny part is I am usually so consumed in my own mess of a round that I always think afterwards what an assh0le playing partner I must be....swearing and bitching at myself and bad conversationalist as Im muttering to myself like a loose cannon. :wall:

LOL. I forget that I'm a 6' 6" monster and when I curse out almost every disc I throw and every tree on the fairway, I might freak out the people I'm playing with.

Played many rounds with gottafixit. Met and played with Jrawk, both great guys. And I'm sure I've played with many more in a few Va tourneys that I just don't know their screen names.

I had an awesome day at Flip City yesterday with bennyb. As we were getting ready to play our weekly dubs match(vatos vs. matzos) a nice classic car pulls into Flip, a dude gets out and says "are you guys part of DGcoursereview?", and bennyb and I say yeah. The guys says " Im tomjulio!", awesome. He is waiting for the person he was going to play with so we all decided to play dubs together. It was a beautiful day for dubs, lots of sweet shots, and great to meet another very cool DGcoursereview member. Tomjulio and his partner took it by 2 strokes, but he had a ringer!

Biz
Team Bert

Met up and played a round with Jeronimo and Hoey at Newton Hill in MA. Wish I could have stayed and watched the Vibram in person but it was a fun morning.

Merged this and the "Members of DGCR that blah blah blah" threads.

had our weekly sunday group meet at Sylmar this week.

picture.php

left to right:

newest addition to the group Mr. HeiserSöze, snappyfingers, yours truly, js 39074, and Brand (not of this site).

La Mirada next week...cruise on out if youre in the area!:clap:

had our weekly sunday group meet at Sylmar this week.

picture.php

left to right:

newest addition to the group Mr. HeiserSöze, snappyfingers, yours truly, js 39074, and Brand (not of this site).

La Mirada next week...cruise on out if youre in the area!:clap:
Do I smell a new Apothecary sticker?!?

Just played a round today with a new DGCR member, Ecayemberg, with our young'un's in tow. Really cool guy, good golfer (especially after a long post-college hiatus and only back into the game for the past month; he's only played my course once and beat me by a few strokes!), and he's also one of several pre-registrations thus far in my upcoming Ace Race.

Heading out to California tomorrow. Apothecary graciously offered to show me around some of the local courses. I'll report (w/ pictures!) upon my return! :)

An Illinois thing is starting to brew up... Played with WorldsCoolestGuy, Archetype and JasonC (who is also a member of Discontinuum like me)... we went to Shorewood first.. played doubles and then let the sun kick our asses for two more rounds at Highland Park..

so much better playin' with ppl who love this as much as I do... sick of draggin' my friends out and they only just kinda like it enough to go a round

I ran into a couple of Discontinuum guys at Red Fox in Silver Lake this weekend. I asked if they were DGCRers and they said no, so I really didn't press the issue.

Wonder if you'd know them.

I just know a few as not too many show up for dubs..

but I know those that do... they're skippin' summer dubs so I'll pick up again in the fall

Ran into El Oso Peligroso on the course yesterday. I came up on a foursome and joined the group. After the first hole, (technically the seventh hole) El Oso saw my trusted reviewer mini and asked if I was on DGCR. I said, "yeah... I'm DSCJNKY with all caps". He said, "I've sent you some PM's". I immediately knew it was El Oso because we had beefed on some reviews in the past and exchanged some PM's about it... and he was the only person it could have been that would have been in the area.

He turned out to be cool enough... not at all like the ass-hole I had pictured in my head. And younger too.
(I pictured him to be a fat, 50+ year old).

After the round was over we left, separately of course... 1 hour later I ran into him at the supermarket... talk about an encounter of the 3rd Kind.

DSCJNKY

PS. to El Oso... just so you know, I never gave you any negative thumbs, even though I know I got a few from you. Didn't want to retaliate. See you next time on the course, or at the store.

I played several courses in Northern West Michigan with Tom Julio and the man,the myth, the legend Tall Paul this last weekend (a couple of wisconsin playa's). Tom introduced us to the guys running the Michigan disc golf championships coming up soon in ludington. We all headed over to their farm house where we played their private course called "the Farm". Paul, his buddy and I played 9 courses over the weekend while camping at Flip city. I had a blast. When we were through I had blisters on several of my toes and my 34 year old body was as sore as a 90 year old who had the crap kicked out of him, so thats when you know you have been on a disc golf marathon!! West Michigan has some amazing courses. Im looking forward to getting together with these cats again soon and discing it up. Tom Julio was as good a fellow as he is a disc golfer. I was shocked when he said he had only been playing for 2 years, I would have guessed closer to like 10 years. Hung out with some awesome guys and played some amazing courses. Dosent get any better than that!!. Thanks again Tom for lending me your extra sleeping bag. It got pretty cold at night so you were a life saver!!

Latest posts