• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR encounters of the 3rd kind

Fellow DGCR'r round

Played a round with Martin Dewgarita, on February 5, 2011. He & Forest (his Border Collie) met up with Me, my Girlfriend & DeKoTa (my Yellow Lab) @ http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1334. We had the course to ourselves, as the entrance gates were closed due to snow (20"-24"). What a great time we had with a course covered in virgin snow. The irony was that Martin traveled south to get away from the snows of Minnesota. I think he was a 'Snow Magnet' :D. The next Day we hooked up again down in Joplin, MO for their Ice Bowl. Another great day of Disc'n. Hope to hook up with more DCGR's next month in Central KS. Got my Travel Tag up for trading.:hfive:

I just assume everybody in here is like Jame " It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again " Gumb, then there's no surprises.

All of my preconceived notions were completely wrong.Good people with a game to match.I had a great time

The first members I met were ArcheType and Noill Golf. Since then it's gotten crazy! The thread "Illianasconsinigan members" was born and now I have many friends/members that I toss with every week. And a few gung ho travelers!

Had a blast with Chris Hysell...who walked away with a bag of oranges ALL Div CTP and he even cashed in Pro! Enjoyed the round, I just wish you had given me some of those tips before the end of the round! I want to hear as much constructive criticism as possible!!!

I especially liked the one about pulling my (L) shoulder around on a RHBH so that it almost mimicks punching someone left handed. Right now, that left arm is dead weight for me. I think this is really going to really help me move foreward with my game. I get OK D and I'd like it to much better, so, anything I can tweak to make it better, I'm willing to try.

Regardless, enjoyed some of your unreal putts and rollers :cool:. And that forehand was pretty good too! That All Divisions CTP you won was about 2 inches from the pole. Awesome shot!!!

Attachments

• chris and sue.jpg
    chris and sue.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 48
Had a blast with Chris Hysell...who walked away with a bag of oranges ALL Div CTP and he even cashed in Pro! Enjoyed the round, I just wish you had given me some of those tips before the end of the round! I want to hear as much constructive criticism as possible!!!

I especially liked the one about pulling my (L) shoulder around on a RHBH so that it almost mimicks punching someone left handed. Right now, that left arm is dead weight for me. I think this is really going to really help me move foreward with my game. I get OK D and I'd like it to much better, so, anything I can tweak to make it better, I'm willing to try.

Regardless, enjoyed some of your unreal putts and rollers :cool:. And that forehand was pretty good too! That All Divisions CTP you won was about 2 inches from the pole. Awesome shot!!!

Cashed in Pro? That's 2nd place, 1st loser. I let one of your many 1000+ rated NC golfers beat me by a stroke. He was probably 1/2 my age.

Jeb only beat you by a stroke? I didn't even pay attention to numbers other than adding them up and putting them in order. That's pretty damn good actually! He's an awesome golfer.

Just one stroke. I may have been the only one under par in the afternoon round. The winds were howling on those open holes.

And it was an amazing experience..I felt at home the whole entire time..DZ Miller should be commended for his graciousness and patience.if your ever in the shenendoah valley and wanna play an excellent , challenging nine this is it! This course sees minimal traffic and with the back nine being installed next year this one could rank up there with some of the better courses in the mid atlantic.

Thanks Chris, I'd like to personally say welcome to the chain gang! Chris is a great golfer with a lot of personality. Also one of my favorite competitors!!

I think it's funny we get to know DGCR names and locations, and think:
"Man, I wonder who that is in real life. Bet I've seen him around"
Well, at yesterdays VF event at Veterans in Arlington, Adalla and I were carded together. Not knowing who eachother is on DGCR, I just happened to mention "I'm the ZBoazMobster".
"Oh that's you?" - "I'm Adalla"
Always been familiar with eachother, played numerous events together. But now we know.
I'd like to point out, this isn't the first time. Doubt it's the last.

Lets see if I can name everyone I have met in person without forgetting anyone:

Carpy, WillACarpenter, DiscJon, DiscDog, Jrawk, Sidewinder22, Luvs2throw, Kachtz, Biscoe, Golfnbob, Cheddapig, Gottafixit, Langjewel, RussMB, WJShooter, Jerman, BMXcrazekid, Beable, Vegan Ray, BrianJ, Thrembo, BikinJack, Cooker, Timber, Chiggins, jeffshattuck, Cyclops, Chrishysell, Kwick, Tomschillin, and Jbolt....I think that is it.

i played with conler milrad the other day in a dubs round and a couple holes earlier this winter. playing with the traveling golfer martin on wednesday

Met volklgirl and HumpyDisc at Hanson Hills Grand Opening last summer, and ToddWiley guided me on the Alpena courses, but no one since.

If anyone was at USF Riverfront in Tampa the other day in a group of three that let a 14 year old tag along... and one guy was throwing a 3rd run Buzzz... then yeah. I met you.

No it was signal view t.I do play poor house quite a bit though..Jack Beadling has pretty much tutored me on the game.Not only does Jack have a great young course which BTW is in the process of having all the baskets pushed back at least a 100ft minimum..he's a great friend and very eager to teach those who want to learn the game.

tell jack biscoe says hello... known him a long time but haven't seen him anytime recently...

So this week:

I met gdubya at deerwood in Waterloo IA for a great round.
Caught Medicinal Funk for another great round at Legion Park, Cedar Rapids (marion) IA.
Then I ran into Treemd at Central in the Quad Cities (Bettendorf) IA
Today I played a sloppy wet round (glad the rain stopped soon after we started) at Endicott in St. Louis MO with green_hornet915 and theefranko.

Just met up with Martin D. for a round,great guy,hoping to hit up flyboy with him tomorrow.

Latest posts