• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR is 10 Years Old Today!

Wild to see how strong the site is and how its only bettered and matured. I suppose that means I am a few days away from being a 10 year member... Wish I was as good at disc golf as I was when this site started.

Thanks for keeping it going strong Timg, I know how much work its been!

Wild to see how strong the site is and how its only bettered and matured. I suppose that means I am a few days away from being a 10 year member...
thatdirtykid, it's great to see DGCR member #18 post here!

I think that this site has actually been a catalyst and a driving factor in the increase of courses and disc making companies. It was all about enabling disc golfers to organize and justify taking road trips.... and in mass quantities. As soon as I started using it in Oct 2008 (didn't actually join until feb 2009) I was amazed that there were pictures of many of the holes on a lot of courses. That is what got me hooked and most importantly gave me the BUG. Thousands of Disc golf addicts road tripping everywhere cannot be measured as far as how it helped drive all of the increases. Simply having a bunch of courses listed wasn't enough, it took this site and its innovations to do it.

The hole pictures are nice to be able to see what type of hole/course it is, but I like the maps that have been uploaded. When bagging a new course, normally playing by myself, its great to have a map already printed and in my pocket.

:thmbup:

This site has absolutely changed my life by giving me a new home. Ive been on this site every single day since i found it early last year. Thanks to all the admin and moderators who put up with all my, and others, BS on a regular basis. Your patience, understanding and focus on our beloved sport are the skeletal framework that structure our everyday lives, keeping us pointed in the right direction.

Your website has reaffirmed my place in the world and my purpose as a human, consistently molding me into being a happier and healthier person. I sincerely thank you all for being here. Because if you werent, I might not be either.

Thank you.
-Arri

Hey Tim,

DGCR #74 here. THANK YOU Tim for saving me so much time over the last 10 years!
-The course directions are far better than an older online directory had. Before DGCR I have wasted a bunch of time driving around trying to follow bad directions and getting very frustrated!
-When I have been short on time and could only choose one course to play the ratings and reviews have helped me decide which course to choose, so that I didn't waste time on a lesser quality course.
-The google map showing all of the courses has helped me plan trips to be as efficient as possible with my time.
-The course maps in the documents section have saved me tons of time and frustration to help me know how to navigate the course. Whenever possible I won't play a new course without one.
-The reviews have also given great tips for navigating around the trouble spots and for even finding the first tee. That saves time, reduces frustration, and increases my enjoyment of the course! Designers should thank you for this too.
-The pictures have allowed me to see if a course is one that I would prefer or not.
-The forums have helped me find great courses and pretty holes.
I could go on and on…

I've also appreciated the online friends that I've made here. I've even done something that I never thought I would do-- once while in another city on business, I got in the car of a stranger that I had only "met" online (another DGCR Trusted Reviewer) and drove out to a remote area (a course in TX).

OK, well… I may have spent I've spent a little time on here over the years doing "research", but it's been a blast!

DGCR is THE premier disc golf site on the planet! Thanks Tim for the countless hours that you have spent building and maintaining this place!! I just renewed my Premium membership.

Here's to 10 more years of solid growth!

Lowe

P.S.- Before DGCR existed I had a website called… "Disc Golf Course Reviews" (note that "s" on the end).
It's still there even though I rarely update it, but I've always been baffled why my site has not been quite as popular. haha

P.S.- Before DGCR existed I had a website called… "Disc Golf Course Reviews" (note that "s" on the end).
It's still there even though I rarely update it, but I've always been baffled why my site has not been quite as popular. haha

Nice I remember being linked to your page back in the DGR days. This has evolved into more than any of us could have imagined. Congrats and thanks again Tim!

thank god for this amazing site. What an incredible resource!! It is one of the few sites I would actually pay a membership fee for. Happy Birthday DGCR!
You could get one of the site subscriptions if you wanted to :)

Let me help you with that!;)
Click here, then scroll down to see a list of membership levels and features associated with each level of membership, along with the price of a year's membership at that level. :cool:

Last edited:
Tim,
I'm waiting for the 10 year state of DGCR statement; where it is,where you want to take it.
I hope that it is providing enough revenue, to offset all the time and energy that you pour into it.
Hopefully it is more lucrative than being a private course owner.
We don't always see eye to eye, but you have done an incredible job ! You should be very proud.
Thank you !

Last edited:
Happy belated birthday! I'm late as usual. I reupped and just made it annual finally. Premium obviously. This is by far, hands down the best site for disc golf in general. I'm not much of a poster on the forums but I've been an almost daily fly on the wall since 2012 I think. Thank you TimG. I'm not sure what I'd have been doing for the last 7 years or so but I can tell you for certain that I would NOT have played anywhere close to the number of courses I've played. 400 this year is the goal. And none of them save for about 10 would be possible without DGCR. What a long strange trip it's been :clap:

Happy BelatedBirthday Timg & DGcoursereview. I'm sorry I wasn't able to wish you a HB earlier, but I was on the road again playing some more new courses. Yesterday I played my new favorite course in Virginia (Mayflower Hills in Roanoke, Va.Highly recommend this beauty to everyone!!) it was my 1677 th different DG played. I could of never accomplished playing so many new courses if it wasn't for DGCR. This site is my #1DG site. I'm on it almost every day. It gets me through some long winter days in NE Ohio. The plethora information on this site is amazing and yet it keeps on improving.I love sporting DGCR dry fit shirt on my travels (our businesscard. I've showed my shirt to people not in the know DG and where the courses are locally for them)Look forward to sharing the fairways with you (TIMG) one of these days----------------------------- - +

Happy BelatedBirthday Timg & DGcoursereview. I'm sorry I wasn't able to wish you a HB earlier, but I was on the road again playing some more new courses. Yesterday I played my new favorite course in Virginia (Mayflower Hills in Roanoke, Va.Highly recommend this beauty to everyone!!) it was my 1677 th different DG played. I could of never accomplished playing so many new courses if it wasn't for DGCR. This site is my #1DG site. I'm on it almost every day. It gets me through some long winter days in NE Ohio. The plethora information on this site is amazing and yet it keeps on improving.I love sporting DGCR dry fit shirt on my travels (our businesscard. I've showed my shirt to people not in the know DG and where the courses are locally for them)Look forward to sharing the fairways with you (TIMG) one of these days----------------------------- - +

Sure you were Danhyzer, It's not like you have played over 1600 courses or anything. Oh wait, you HAVE played over 1600 courses. My bad. Yes Timg, Danhyzer has been a little busy. I am sure you can forgive him for forgetting your 10 year milestone. Still waiting for it to say 2000 courses played next to Danhyzer's name.

Latest posts