• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Next Version of DGCR Is Coming

The site and app both suck now. Previous version was much, much better.

That's fine if you feel that way, but constructive criticism would be much more helpful than a blanket statement of 'it sucks'. Why does it suck? What could be changed to make it suck less? Etc.

So I woke up to the new app on my phone this morning. I'm still playing with it but everything seems to be working just fine. I see there is a delete account button now. That's new.:unsure:

Last edited:
So I woke up to the new app on my phone this morning. I'm still playing with it but everything seems to be working just fine. I see there is a delete account button now. That's new.:unsure:
I'm guessing since the app is tied to the forum now (😞) that means you delete your entire account? If so that's a weird button to include when I can just delete the app. :unsure: indeed.

"Delete account" would be across both web and app, yes. If you want to get rid of the app, just uninstall it like you would any other app.

I have been using the app for years, and logged 80 rounds last year...
Went to play my first round with my new foster kids and found the app was ruined. I play a lot of mob golf and keeping track of everyone's scores is what I mainly use the DGCR for, and the new app seems to be basically useless for that. I rarely play alone, and the app seems to be single player scorecard only now. If its still possible to quickly set up and score a game with multiple players, the way to it is confusing / frustrating.

We recorded the first round in years on paper. Why? Have you taken a bribe from UDisc to get everyone to go there?

Last edited:
Greens, does Dev still work for DGCR? I don't see him/her listed as staff anymore.

DGCR Screenshot 2024-01-16.png

Greens,

I'm getting SUPER frustrated with how so many changes to the browser based DGCR and the phone based app are worse than the originals! Anyone who has been on here since June 2007 knows that I have been one of the most devoted DGCR members and contributors for the last 16+ years!! Among my dubious achievements in this very small pond of online disc golfers was being awarded the Golden Ace award in 2009. (That mainly showed how much time I spent on here in the early days.)

You need to seriously acknowledge that DGCR is dying so the only way to keep it alive is to improve it.

I don't know how to ask this, so I will have to be blunt... do you even uses DGCR?
Both the browser version and the phone app are missing so many essential non-negotiables that it seems like you and the staff don't even use it. I hope this is wrong, but please fix the areas that are broken and that continue to hasten the death of our beloved DGCR!!

Please bring back the basic membership list that had columns that you could sort on. Here are 2 useful columns to bring back:

1) DGCR member number
2) Date joined DGCR

Obviously these 2 fields are related.

I want to go back to the good ole days where you could see both the first 100 members or the number of the latest member.

Please improve DGCR and at the very least make it as functional as it once was.

DGCR's not dead yet!

Last edited:
No one returns messages from this site is what I hear and I have several things I need looking into. Messages sent but no reply yet.
As a course owner this site has many issues that need to be fixed. I'll be glad to field test products and site setups. My course needs 21 reviews to show up on the national board. I have 18 holes and 9-hole tiki course and soon I'm building a tic tac toe setup - I have 34 baskets here at the Black Widow DGC

Please bring back the basic membership list that had columns that you could sort on. Here are 2 essential columns to bring back:

1) DGCR member number
2) Date joined DGCR

Obviously these 2 fields are related.

I want to go back to the good ole days where you could see both the first 100 members or the number of the latest member.

Please improve DGCR and at the very least make it as functional as it once was.

DGCR's not dead yet!
The lack of communication is definitely frustrating at times. Pure speculation - but the feeling I'm getting is that the staff has their hands full between longer term improvements like the modern app, shorter term bug fixes, and responding to all of the messages and comments.

One thing that I keep in mind at the end of the day is that I'm pretty sure DGCR is not, and probably has never been, a moneymaker. I seem to remember Tim saying once that DGCR was pretty much a passion project for him, and while the new ownership might have bigger goals I can't imagine it's currently much different for them.

I think there's also a balance between catering to the old guard of members (which I am not saying I belong to) and the potential to attract new users to the site. As a newER user, I can tell you that I honestly don't care about having those two things you listed be sortable. And I would go so far as to say that I don't think those should be available options. They are clutter now, in my personal opinion. BUT I can see how as one of the oldest users, you would value that. Again, it's a balance and I'm not trying to start an argument about it. Just a readily available example of balancing the needs of old and new.

No one returns messages from this site is what I hear and I have several things I need looking into. Messages sent but no reply yet.
As a course owner this site has many issues that need to be fixed. I'll be glad to field test products and site setups. My course needs 21 reviews to show up on the national board. I have 18 holes and 9-hole tiki course and soon I'm building a tic tac toe setup - I have 34 baskets here at the Black Widow DGC
Are you needing edits to a course page? If so, I or another TR should be able to assist. Feel free to DM if you think there's something that a non-admin can help with!

The lack of communication is definitely frustrating at times.
...I can tell you that I honestly don't care about having those two things you listed be sortable.

DFrah,

I can't see how removing functionality is improving a product. The newer version should have more not less. Not to mention that many of the new prominent lists are pretty worthless to me and just clutter.

Personally, I find the lack of essential items being fixed and the scarcity of replies from Greens to be highly disturbing.

...I can tell you that I honestly don't care about having those two things you listed be sortable.

DFrah,

I can't see how removing functionality is improving a product. The newer version should have more not less. Not to mention that many of the new prominent lists are pretty worthless to me and just clutter.
While the sentiment of "more, not less" makes sense at face value, I actually think that "less is more" has value too. All kinds of websites and products have things removed or hidden as they evolve to make them simpler and more efficient (at least in theory, haha).

In the case of the two sorts you're asking about, why do you think they are "essential"? I can understand wanting to see the newest members, which are already visible in a special little area at the bottom left of the Members page. Beyond that, I haven't had occasion to want to sort DGCR users by join date or member number. I can always go to an individual profile to find that info for an individual.

As (I guess?) a member of the old guard, I'm not sure I ever used those sorts. I would like, however, to be able to filter by state of residence. And then sort by number of courses played.

Not saying my sorts are better than yours :LOL:

I think the last bunch of posts highlights one of the real issues. What some users see as vital changes, others see no use in. I don't use the scoring app....as far as I am concerned, it could be completely done away with.

It also seems, that many feel that long time use, should be rewarded with priority requests......when maybe it is really not the best plan? I mean, most of our long time users are a bit long in the tooth. Maybe today's DGCR should be geared toward a far different age and user group?

This is not a post directed at any one poster, nor anything but musing.