• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Next Generation Disc Golf and DGCR

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Hey guys,

I thought I'd share this here although you'll probably hear it elsewhere as well. I'm teaming up with the Next Gen tour for a few things. I'm helping them out on their site with stuff related to the results for the events and all that goes on behind the scenes there. I'll also be offering entrants a discounted premium membership to the site should they want to get in on that. There will be a Next Gen specific forum for competitors here as well. Should be pretty cool!

Here's the official PR text:

Next Generation Disc Golf sponsored by Latitude 64° announces strategic partnerships with the Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT), www.dgpt.com and Disc Golf Course Review (DGCR) www.dgcoursereview.com for the 2017 tour series consisting of 118 tournaments around the country with the National Champion winning a car.

The DGPT will provide 2018 Tour Cards to the top 5 finishers of the National Championship, reserving spots to compete in every DGPT event. Additionally, a limited edition DGPT item will be available exclusively to Next Generation Tour competitors. The item will be announced in late February - stay tuned!

"The Next Generation Tour Series provides a fun tournament experience for all amateurs leading to championships offering a competitive experience that mimics the focus, pressure and feel of our sport's top professional events. Our strategic partnership with the Disc Golf Pro Tour includes the first-ever path for top amateurs transitioning into touring disc golf professionals." said David Feldberg, Next Generation Tour Series Director.

"Disc Golf doesn't have an equivalent to our sporting cousin's Q-School and we think Next Generation Disc Golf may be onto something. We are excited to be a part of it." stated Steve Dodge, Tour Director of the DGPT.

Disc Golf Course Review's partnership includes coordinating and reporting tournament results, national standings, invitations for the regional and national championship tournaments and providing players with DGCR Round Ratings. A discounted premium membership to the DGCR site with exclusive Next Generation competitor features will be offered to all registrants. "DGCR looks forward to this partnership!" posted Tim Gostovic, DGCR owner, on his forum.

"From my travel blog on DGCR to it being my go-to resource for course information, I've been a fan for years and bringing Tim's talents onto the team directly translates into a better experience for our competitors." praised Feldberg.

Great News, CONGRATS! :clap:
I was betting the PDGA was going to lock you up first, like they did with DG Scene, your course list is far superior to theirs.
Since they are giving a car away this year, did a car come with the new position?
:popcorn:

Haha, it's not a position. More of an agreement at this point to work together. I don't think the PDGA will be making any moves to acquire DGCR but hey, if anyone wants to throw moneyhats at me, I won't say no ;)

Sadly no car... just lots of good vibes. I like what these guys are doing with this tour and I'd like to do my small part in helping them get the ball rolling.

Website should go live next week and I'm assuming the schedule will as well. I'm actually in the process of putting all this information into a database... yay data entry!

I like the next gen/DGCR combo a lot. Both should benefit from this partnership!

I don't know what a "Q-school" is but it's smart to see where there are openings in disc golf compared to other sports and fill those gaps. I'm glad they have you on board Tim. You can only help them to succeed.

This is awesome Tim! I love this site and am always happy to see it grow. This is really a cool development.

Dgcr round ratings?....that should be an interesting topic on the forums. Hopefully this gets more people into playing tourneys. Can we register with our dgcr handle?

When you register, it'll ask you for your handle (if you want the discounted membership). Round ratings and pretty much everything not forum related will be on the NextGen site.

Latest posts