• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Next Version of DGCR Is Coming

Good question, I'm not sure I can make that happen at launch. Originally I did create one just for folks that like the 'retro' look...but you know how developers get when you request a lot of features.

So you might want to start cursing me now for good measure.

Make 'em adapt. :D

I've sent out a lot of invites, and not too much feedback.....

Is it like cooking dinner and everyone is quietly eating because it tastes good or they were just starving and know not to say a single word about the burnt dry chicken?

It's more like the first course is pretty good, and I keep forgetting that you've brought out the second because I'm still noshing on the first.

But also, I think I'm getting partially work blocked:

attachment.php

Doesn't happen with the main site. Maybe something to do with where/how images are hosted?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 135
Something's not getting past our filters. It is working on cellular but not on wifi

How do I look at my courses played list and map. I'm not seeing that anywhere?

Map courses feature doesn't do a good job of telling users there are multiple courses at a location.

Below are screenshots of the map when I looked for Kensington, Stony Creek, and Independence Lake, all of which have two distinct, 18 hole courses. I could see the other course listed as a nearby course, but no indication of multiple courses on the map.

Digging a bit further, Hudson Mills and Highbridge Hills clearly show multiple courses when you zoom in on the map. (attached thumbnails). That's exactly how I'd expect the Browse Map feature to work.

IDGC (3rd thumbnail) does not. Neuther dies Smuggler's Notch or any of the places I mentioned in my earlier post. I realize the courses may share the same parking lot, but when I use the map, I want to be able to see if a location has multiple courses . I suspect I'm not alone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230707-153726.jpg
    Screenshot_20230707-153726.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20230707-154819.jpg
    Screenshot_20230707-154819.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20230707-154452.jpg
    Screenshot_20230707-154452.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 15
I've messed around in the beta a bit, and I'll do so more in the next week as features are added. Thanks for all the work that's been done so far!

My main complaint right now is that on loading the home page, I'm met with a bunch of courses that I've never seen. It looks like they're recently reviewed courses, but is that really the primary content to show on the front page? I don't mind putting the browse courses section on the front page, although I never browse courses anyway; I just use the map (there are way too many courses that any sort of meaningful filter takes too long to set up). Basically, it feels like there's not much of value on the front page until I click Browse Map or something like that.

A few other thoughts:
There's a top Pay to Play section, but it would be more worthwhile to have a top Free section.
Loading courses is a little slow, but maybe that's just because the beta runs on slower hardware than the live site.
I like most of the visuals, how data is arranged, and how data fills the screen without bombarding you with too much stuff.
Putting an image from the course on the course icon on the map and in lists is really cool. It makes clicking on each course look a little different, and gives you a little preview before you go farther to the course details. However, not every image works in that view, and some of them look real strange; there should be only a few images for each course that are eligible for the thumbnail, and possible only one for each course.

Don't get your hopes up. It's nothing special.

Disagree. Most of my favorite threads reside in the Landfill. My Life! Hole on Hole 8, Taking a girl golfing on a first date. Say something silly etc... Of course my favorite is what are you listening to, though technically that's in the Water Cooler.

Considering most posting is done on the toilet it's not surprising that the landfill has so many fans.

I've sent out a lot of invites, and not too much feedback.....

Is it like cooking dinner and everyone is quietly eating because it tastes good or they were just starving and know not to say a single word about the burnt dry chicken?

Hopefully you can take a joke. The dinner table analogy in my case would be "will I get grounded if I puke at the table again?"

I didn't want to "disc-ourage" you with my take and so I kept quiet. I don't understand why the landing page is a bunch of random courses. I also don't like that the top rated course page doesn't actually rank them in order but also displays the top courses in a random order.

I'm one of the old guys who uses the current desktop view, because the other view just isn't intuitive to me and gives me anxiety. Maybe I'll adapt if I have no choice.

Latest posts