• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR v UDisc Rating

That seems accurate. Perhaps my negative review on UDisc a couple years ago was flagged or the course designers/admin requested it be removed or maybe the admin powers changed.

Sounds like UDisc has made improvements in that area, so that's encouraging.

A lot of my reviews have been removed on UDisc. Common connection in them all is the rating. If you reach out to the admins, they'll reinstate the rating as long as they see there's nothing objectionable about it.

Maybe we should help out uDisc by adding "reviews" that point people to DGCR! If nothing else, I might begin closing my short reviews with "see more at dgcoursereview.com"

Every revolution begins with a single act of defiance!

maybe not the most appropriate thread but it was on the front page so...

when i found this review, it had 7 up votes. i was surprised cuz i didn't find it to be a helpful review at all (sorry adam, not trying to put you on blast personally).

i don't need a novel but this review left me with nothing but questions. are the baskets in good condition? are there any trees on the course at all? how many pads are concrete vs grass? could the course be better if it were altered or is the land just too featureless? info page says moderately hilly... is it all subtle undulation or is there any spot with something more? i certainly don't expect a lengthy review of an open 9er with no infrastructure besides baskets but maybe you could convince me this course is really not worth playing and not that you just didn't like it and couldn't find your way around the place.

my main motivation in bringing it up is the fact that it had a 100% approval rating before i saw it. how is that? i appreciate that there is a growing culture of voting on reviews and participating in that manner and that folks want to encourage new reviewers to keep at it and improve their reviews. but i also think that maybe the incredibly low bar on Udisc has lowered the bar here too. or maybe i'm just overthinking it and being a dick.

when i found this review, it had 7 up votes. i was surprised cuz i didn't find it to be a helpful review at all (sorry adam, not trying to put you on blast personally)..

It's funny - your post had me look at the review, and that had me look at the photos. 9 nice looking DisCatchers in a mostly-open park, with a few trees here and there. As funny as his line "Unless you live within walking distance, don't come here" is, I gotta say: I've bagged a lot worse...(I'm pretty sure we all have).

when i found this review, it had 7 up votes. i was surprised cuz i didn't find it to be a helpful review at all (sorry adam, not trying to put you on blast personally).

i don't need a novel but this review left me with nothing but questions. are the baskets in good condition? are there any trees on the course at all? how many pads are concrete vs grass? could the course be better if it were altered or is the land just too featureless? info page says moderately hilly... is it all subtle undulation or is there any spot with something more? i certainly don't expect a lengthy review of an open 9er with no infrastructure besides baskets but maybe you could convince me this course is really not worth playing and not that you just didn't like it and couldn't find your way around the place.

my main motivation in bringing it up is the fact that it had a 100% approval rating before i saw it. how is that? i appreciate that there is a growing culture of voting on reviews and participating in that manner and that folks want to encourage new reviewers to keep at it and improve their reviews. but i also think that maybe the incredibly low bar on Udisc has lowered the bar here too. or maybe i'm just overthinking it and being a dick.

Probably the shortest review to ever get a thumbs up from me. Thought process was that after reading his review, I knew I had no interest in playing the course unless I happened to be killing time within a mile or so of it. That's helpful. Not in the same way as a very detailed review, but still helpful.

Latest posts