• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGDave's Dyed Disc Depository

dgdave said:
I wanted the bleeds, I just didn't get enough of them.

In that case I recommend doing it the way I described, then going back with a fresh, uncut piece of vinyl to get those streaks on the wing. The reason is this- when you take your design to the edge of the disc like that, if you cut it all off in a big circle and dye a thin frame the vinyl pieces won't be stretched nearly as much (all the way around the wing in addition to the flight plate's curvature) and those bad bleeds you have on the front will stop pestering you as much.

Those streaks on the wing are cool enough to warrant using a fresh second piece, yeah?

Plaid Power!!! I wanted the squares to be blue, but I made it to dark. Just a couple small bleeds around the intersection

4599247149_eafcb2611d.jpg

Are those a lot of Bleeds I see? I wonder if you are getting your Dye to hot?

First plotter cut. The bleeds are from a frame the plotter default cuts I didn't know it did. I tried patching it with scraps, bit still got bleeds. The actual stencil turned out great. Damn learning curve.

IMAG0232.jpg

Looks good minus the bleeds. Now were the bleeds due to the vinyl not being wide enough?

Ladies and gentlemen, a star is born.

Let's see some more complex plaids, what?

I'm in the process of testing out the cooking spray resist. My mom wants a trippy peace sign, she's kind of a hippy.

This was a test run. It's off center. All I had was black vinyl so it was hard to line up. The streaks aren't bleeds, its the disc color. On the peace sign, I tried the cooking spray method. I needed to hold the spray closer to get bigger bubbles. Its a CE Valk for my mumsy

IMG00463-20100513-2115.jpg

keltik said:
why does that nude look so familiar?

I couldn't think of any better 'your mom' joke this early in the morning, so you'll just have to make do with: Because it's your mom.