• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGing in Minnneapolis area...What are the best courses?

JR Stengele

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Hey fellas,

I am headed out to Minneapolis, Minnesota in April and am going to try to hit up a couple of DG courses on my way to North Dakota and was wondering if I could get some input as to some of the best courses to go and play.....including any on the way to North Dakota? I will for sure be playing Blue Ribbon where apparently they plow the fairways and clean the tee pads when it snows which is a plus since it could be a 50/50 chance of snow. Any other recommendations though where it is failry easy to navigate for first time players and a wife who is just trying to humor me? Thanks in advance.

Good call on Blue Ribbon Pines. you will not be dissappointed. That's awesome they plow the fairways, didnt know that! Though having seen how well they take care of the course during the summer, it doesn't surprise me much.

It seems like most of the courses in twin cities stay open for the winter, since the club there is so active and has weekly winter leagues (run by Timmy Gill, the guy who designed BRP) that rotate between courses, so i imagine most courses should have at least clear teepads.

Some other good ones Ive played up that way are

Acorn- very easy to navigate
Kaposia
North Valley- very Close to Kaposia
Bryant Lake (if its open, not used for cross-country skiing, not sure bout this one)

Minneapolis is chock full of wonderful courses, so youve got you work cut out for you deciding which to play. Seems like there lots of good ones on the way to ND as well, but i havent played any of those, so i cant speak for them.

definitely Bryant Lake in Eden Prairie, or Plymouth Creek is a fun 12 hole

Latest posts