• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2021 OTB Open presented by Innova May 14-16

For anyone that might want to be a spectator...

OTB Open to be Phase 2 Event

The Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT) has determined that the OTB Open will be operating under Phase 2 of the COVID-19 Requirements & Best Practices for PDGA Elite Series policy.

For the OTB Open, the DGPT has laid out clear guidelines for event spectating requirements during Phase 2 events. All spectators will be accompanied by staff and/or volunteers and will only be allowed to access pre-determined spectator areas or move around the course in guided groups. All spectators must purchase tickets before arriving on site, and follow the guidelines laid out for each event, which will be communicated upon purchase. Event ticket sales will take place through the Disc Golf Pro Tour website.

Phase designations are determined as a collaborative decision between the DGPT (and PDGA during National Tour events) and the local organizing committees or event teams based on the state of the pandemic nationally, regionally, locally and the subsequent policies in place. The DGPT is committed to providing a responsible and comfortable event experience for all staff, media, volunteers, competitors and spectators at all DGPT events.

If you are going (Stockton, CA), do not leave anything of value in your car.

Masters Championship was held there a few years ago, at the players meeting the night before the event, several of the players cars were broken into and their discs/bags/carts were stolen.

I know a couple of the guys that had their discs stolen, they were precious discs they had collected and seasoned over many years, it was a great loss.

Keep your eyes and ears open when traveling through California's central valley.

Caddy book pdf...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VdnU1_58KJtVhJRmzkagnUCCcJ2qNtuW/view

There are hole previews on OTB's youtube channel and I'm not going to post 18 vids so just go to their channel here...

https://www.youtube.com/c/OTBDiscs/videos

From looking at the course map and a couple of the preview vids, with very little elevation to work with, they did do a pretty good job of using all the ponds and available trees that weren't on the park boundary or next to the road running thru part of the park. I've seen worse looking ball golf course layouts for sure... we'll have to see how it fares when the pros play it...

Last edited:
Bomber bolf course setup? Gleneagles was so so. Goat Hill is ehhh. What are we looking at?

Bomber bolf course setup? Gleneagles was so so. Goat Hill is ehhh. What are we looking at?

It's long but there many holes with trees in front of the tee box limiting options. I have a feeling, depending on the wind, that rollers are going to be very popular this weekend.

From the hole previews, it is one of the better designed DG courses on a golf course. Definitely some constraints on the lines, but you can also avoid most of the gaps if you want to play safe. With that said, unless a golf course is densely wooded, it still isn't traditional DG. The top pros are going to break some of these holes, but I'm interested to see a new course on the pro tour that isn't wide open golf.

It seems like the hot rounds will still be in the -13 range. Not enough danger for the top pros.

Not sure what happened last night with the reveal show. I got the email about it and poof nothing. It either didn't happen or they had a tech flaw cause it's nowhere to be found and no teetimes have been listed yet... *shrugsmiley*

From the hole previews, it is one of the better designed DG courses on a golf course. Definitely some constraints on the lines, but you can also avoid most of the gaps if you want to play safe. With that said, unless a golf course is densely wooded, it still isn't traditional DG. The top pros are going to break some of these holes, but I'm interested to see a new course on the pro tour that isn't wide open golf.

It seems like the hot rounds will still be in the -13 range. Not enough danger for the top pros.

Some very old courses have very open lines. Horizons Park in NC opened '82. Cedarock Park, which is the first course I knew about, when people were still playing object golf around campus, opened in '84.

Not to say that wooded courses aren't typical, but there certainly is a history of open courses.

All of these shots are taken on the course, but not of the course.

The first shot is hole 14 but the basket you can see near the end of the flight is about 240' short of the actual basket for the hole.
The second down a fairway that is used but pretty much between holes 4 and 6 to 7.
Third shot is kinda hole 1, but the tee will be back and left of where he throws from.
fourth same as second
Fifth is a pad for the regular course, hole 3 for the tournament but tournament tee is back and right and basket is around the corner past the building the disc was flying toward. Tight landing zones, and small gap to get off the tee.
6th same as 2,4
last same as 3rd.

Lots of potential trouble, I think very fair risk reward. Very excited to see how it plays out. Women's tees are generally shorter is way more forgiving safe lines available.
I"m sure the pros can lay down rollers, but the way the wind directions go and how swirly and gusty it is most holes just aren't made for it. Also hard to get one down with a tree right in the way for a RHBH roller on some holes it looks like a good idea.

Not sure what happened last night with the reveal show. I got the email about it and poof nothing. It either didn't happen or they had a tech flaw cause it's nowhere to be found and no teetimes have been listed yet... *shrugsmiley*

Still crickets...

Some very old courses have very open lines. Horizons Park in NC opened '82. Cedarock Park, which is the first course I knew about, when people were still playing object golf around campus, opened in '84.

Not to say that wooded courses aren't typical, but there certainly is a history of open courses.

That's fair, but I think DG has occurred more often in the woods, or at least some holes on courses are beside thick woods.

I've yet to find it either, but at least Ultiworld have come through with reporting on the cards.

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2021/05/12/how-to-watch-the-2021-otb-open/

The [live on DGN] MPO feature card of Ricky Wysocki, Nate Sexton, Jeff Faes, and Simon Lizotte tees off at 4:20 pm ET. The [live on DGN] FPO feature card of Catrina Allen, Ohn Scoggins, Nicole Bradley, and Juliana Korver tees off at 6 pm ET.

JomezPro will cover MPO Lead Card. Round 1 coverage will feature Paul McBeth, Calvin Heimburg, Ezra Aderhold, and James Proctor.

GK Pro will cover FPO Lead Card. Round 1 will feature Paige Pierce, Madison Walker, Ella Hansen, and Holly Finley.

Gatekeeper Media will cover MPO Chase Card. Round 1 will feature Eagle McMahon, Austin Hoop, Gregg Barsby, and Alex Russell.

OTB Discs will cover FPO Chase Card. Round 1 will feature Holyn Handley, Jessica Weese, Missy Gannon, and Ellen Widboom.

Looking at the caddie book, they did make a good effort to play through the available trees much of the time, rather than just sticking to the open bolf fairways.

In some cases, like on 7, there are mandos forcing the players to navigate through the trees. Whereas on 18 it looks like players can choose to play the open areas to the right OR left of the "intended" wooded line...although that adds distance.

I'll be interested to see how the players attack this course. New course on tour adds a bit of intrigue factor. If the event logo is any indication, wind could be a big factor!

Watching some practice footage from this course it looks like it will be windy

Latest posts