• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT All-Star Weekend 2021

They had way more subscriptions than anticipated last year and those numbers are going to continue to rise this year. It is cheaper than Disney Plus if you are a PDGA member.

I used to think disc golf media was pretty much a misdirected waste of resources but I have come around. It drives a lot of growth and being able to charge a little something for it is indicative of that growth.

Yeah but I think you're younger than I am and not as stubborn as us old farts yet.

Maybe in a year I'll come around.

Paul and JC? . didn´t Paul say he would be playing with GG?

Cat and Kona, two players with putting as their week game.

Worst shot is a good way to make enemies, especially when money is om the line

Paul WAS supposed to partner with GG. But Nikko pulled out due to an injury (no I don't know what the injury is). Since the teams were done by 'seeding', Nikko leaving caused the pairings to be re-seeded.

I believe all but one pairing changed.

Yeah but I think you're younger than I am and not as stubborn as us old farts yet.

Maybe in a year I'll come around.

I'm (probably) way way younger than you....and probably as stubborn or more so. I absolutely won't be watching. Just too much good stuff out there I don't have to pay for to go out and pay for more.

Good on them if they have enough people paying. Glad they could make some money. It just won't be my money.

Also... I think there is a heavy handed makeup crew GQing up the guys and trimming eyebrows. DGPT getting serious.

I liked Ricky's haircut. :)

And, on an unrelated note, I didn't watch all of it. Where was KJ USA? He didn't seem to be in the advertised spot.

I liked Ricky's haircut. :)

And, on an unrelated note, I didn't watch all of it. Where was KJ USA? He didn't seem to be in the advertised spot.

Ricky did look boss. Confident. Isn't Kevin's role to show up at the wrong time, unshaven, bed head, and McDonald's frappe? Makeup crew can't work with that, mybe.

Water flying high.
Can't ask for better weather.
Wait where's the basket?

hz08t96.jpg

Today at the Fountain.

It'll be weird watching James without Greenie.

Any guesses when some of us unsubscribed folk will get to watch the happenings?

"Will Jomez Productions be covering the 2021 DGPT All-Star Weekend?

No, neither Jomez Productions nor any other post-production video team will be covering the All-Star Weekend. Coverage will be exclusively on DGN.

Following the live broadcasts, VOD versions of the round coverage will be available on DGN.

Is there any free coverage of the All-Star Weekend?

Round coverage will be fully paywalled..."

Source: https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2021/02/18/how-to-watch-the-2021-disc-golf-pro-tour-all-star-weekend/

It seems this event is fully to provide value to the DGN subscribers and the DGN itself.

(Not saying that is a bad thing. I have no problem with it.)

Worst shot is one wierd format..just watched paul and Brodies "test round" . . the commentators NEEDs to be really good to keep up and talk strategy

Worst shot is one wierd format..just watched paul and Brodies "test round" . . the commentators NEEDs to be really good to keep up and talk strategy

I am not sure there is much strategy. It is golf in a wide open field around a lake. Both players are proficient. You pick the opponent shot that is furthest away or aiming at the water. On a course with golf lines, it would provide for a few more decisions.

I feel like we dont even need the coverage. I think I saw like a dozen separate people post videos yesterday at fountain playing some sort of golf.