• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT Drops New Media Outlook for 2019

In short.

Her audience is in the media, and she will play where the audience is . . .So if Jomez films a FPO That conflict with DGPT she will probably play the Jomez one

She said her friends and family have watched her on Jomez and likes to support that..or someting like that

So DGPT is going to add live and next day post-produced FPO coverage but she would rather support Jomez who covered a handful of FPO events last year. That makes sense. :|

So DGPT is going to add live and next day post-produced FPO coverage but she would rather support Jomez who covered a handful of FPO events last year. That makes sense. :|

So the question is, would she do the same for Terry's Disc Golf Guy channel? Is the term "Jomez" just a stand in for ANY OF THE MAJOR POST PRODUCTION crews? Because take a look back and you will see that without a doubt Terry has THE MOST FPO rounds among any crew currently out there and has been doing it for YEARS.

And to be frank, the DGPT has been promoting FPO coverage for at least the past 2 years. First by cutting them into the live coverage then editing and showing live before MPO. Along with all the post production stuff they have been doing.

I support any pros decision to support Jomez over DGPT for whatever reason. But, I hope it is based on a logical decision and not just "Steve dumped Jomez".

Well she basicly said that she want to play were FPO gets the best numbers of views . .

I Think she said "Jomez" because the question she got was something like. . ."if Jomez films a tornament the same time as a DGPT event, could you see yourself skipping the DGPT a play the one Jomez i covering?"

And she said "yes" . . so i assume thats the same answer to Smashboxx . . .she will play wherever FPO gets the most views

Well she basicly said that she want to play were FPO gets the best numbers of views . .

I Think she said "Jomez" because the question she got was something like. . ."if Jomez films a tornament the same time as a DGPT event, could you see yourself skipping the DGPT a play the one Jomez i covering?"

And she said "yes" . . so i assume thats the same answer to Smashboxx . . .she will play wherever FPO gets the most views

I totally get that. And if that is the driving factor, I am completely inline with any player that goes where they feel they will get the most exposure. And I know right now that the term "Jomez" is getting thrown around to encompass Jomez & CCDG (and somewhat SmashBoxx).

I just find it funny that she (and the FPO) appeared one time on Jomez in 2015, then 1 event in 2017 at the BSF, and then quite a few in 2018. And let me tell you this, if Jomez goes to an event that isn't the DGPT, odds are they are NOT covering FPO. So, for HER and the other FPO it makes sense to continue to attend DGPT events.

But if you take her decision making process and move it over to MPO, that could be a different story for a while. At least until Dodge's channel can begin to catch up to Jomez.

I support any pros decision to support Jomez over DGPT for whatever reason. But, I hope it is based on a logical decision and not just "Steve dumped Jomez".

The logic is money. She makes the most money when the most people see her. It more than makes up for a few hundred dollars in payout differences here or there. Probably the only events that are exceptions to that are the Majors.

I'm not sure if Jomez = all media with a sizeable platform, or if she specifically means that channel, but the logic is money and not emotion. It's a whole lot easier to get an average of $1 out of 2000 people than it is to convince TD's and Tour Directors to add $2000 to a prize purse (not casting judgment either way, just stating how it is).

The logic is money. She makes the most money when the most people see her. It more than makes up for a few hundred dollars in payout differences here or there. Probably the only events that are exceptions to that are the Majors.

I'm not sure if Jomez = all media with a sizeable platform, or if she specifically means that channel, but the logic is money and not emotion. It's a whole lot easier to get an average of $1 out of 2000 people than it is to convince TD's and Tour Directors to add $2000 to a prize purse (not casting judgment either way, just stating how it is).

Yup, see the next post. 😉

Anyone recall the tourney PP was on her final putt with a solid lead and SD pissed her off saying she was laying up and she banged like an 80' putt.

Yup, see the next post. 😉

Yes but that assumes they're not expanding. You saw the preview at USDGC, covering multiple cards...I mean it's not hard to guess that the next move is for Jomez to move towards providing the entire tournament media under one brand (aka what I tried to do at SpinTV with a patchwork of all of our brands).

Certainly possible. Just not sure if it would happen. The FPO coverage isn't as lucrative as MPO. I could see one camera coverage, but don't know if they would do that or not. Their 3 camera coverage may not be cost effective.

But anything is possible.

Paige get paid for appearing on Jomez videos?

Paige get paid for appearing on Jomez videos?

Indirectly - it sells her discs and overall brand. My argument is the same drum I've been beating since the DGPT news came out initially, just trying to apply it to the pros perspective.

Though I have heard some players now have contracts giving them bonuses for appearing on lead card videos, I'm not sure if that applies to Paige or not.

The only thing I can take from this is she's making more money from selling/promoting plastic/merch with her name on it compared to what the fpo divisions pay out. ? ? ?

Reading the title of this thread a couple weeks after the fact is very confusing. I thought for a second they cancelled their in house media plans lol.

PS Steve Dodge is a toolbag

Someone just started a new thread, but thought this might be a good spot to post my screenshot:

Attachments

• 51446906_542852786221860_5706946332954984448_n.jpg
    51446906_542852786221860_5706946332954984448_n.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 126
Someone just started a new thread, but thought this might be a good spot to post my screenshot:

I think that aligning yourself with only one or two of the media opportunities is short sighted and serves no purpose. Of course, we know nothing of what deal Nate may have with Jomez. If he is going to get paid for commentary, perhaps part of that agreement is to not play DGPT