• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: Portland Open June 4-6

Damn, I was excited since Blue Lake is 10 minutes from my house.
Sounds like it's going to be another open bomber course.

Ahildy 13, not necessarily, older golf courses in Portland have spectacular old growth trees so it will really depend on the design.

Anyone know anything about the new course aside from the previous post that sounds like its guessing?

Ahildy 13, not necessarily, older golf courses in Portland have spectacular old growth trees so it will really depend on the design.

I looked this one up and I think you could be right. Most of the golf holes are wide open but surrounded by tall trees.
But there's also a footgolf layout posted online that doesn't look to include the woods too much. Hopefully they aren't designing around that course
footgolf_scorecard.pdf

Well here's one opinion of the course.

Chris Clemons on Reddit:

I and many pros agree with Paul here. The first couple holes are good holes with some technical aspects. But midway through and the entire back nine was just not good. Long and open with little OB. It's almost not even golf. Just field work and some putting. Take me back to DeLa! 😂😂

Friday's MPO Feature Card live on DGN will feature Ricky Wysocki, Drew Gibson, Ty Love and Calvin Heimburg

Paige Pierce, Madison Tomaino, Zoe AnDyke and Ella Hansen will be on the live FPO Feature Card.

Jomez Round 1 Feature Card: Eagle McMahon, Nikko Locastro, Simon Lizotte, Dustin Keegan

Gatekeeper...Chris Clemons, Scott Withers, Paul McBeth, Joel Freeman

FPO: GK PRO...Catrina Allen, Erika Stinchcomb, Juliana Korver, Hailey King

BDub Pro...Cynthia Ricciotti, Ohn Scoggins, Amy Lewis, Missy Gannon

Lol I don't understand why they did this. Guess I'll play Blue Lake while the pros miss out this weekend

Did you see the prices they are charging for admission? I could go to a Winterhawks or Timbers game for that much.

Did you see the prices they are charging for admission? I could go to a Winterhawks or Timbers game for that much.

Is it the $30 to $40 you're talking about? That's pretty crazy. When we went to World's in Peoria in 2019, I think it was 5 or 10 bucks to park. That was it as far as I can remember. That's doable.

Is it the $30 to $40 you're talking about? That's pretty crazy. When we went to World's in Peoria in 2019, I think it was 5 or 10 bucks to park. That was it as far as I can remember. That's doable.

It was $40 (plus $4.06 handling fee) a ticket for Saturday and Sunday.
OR... $150 for all three days.

I was really looking forward to the flymart/disc golf vendors.

From the caddy book, it seems a couple of the holes have some good design aspects, but it does seem incredibly open. Seems very similar to the Prestige. Distance is the biggest thing that will prevent scoring. Maybe -10 is the hot round for MPO?

I will say though, I like that all of the holes except one have a different par or tee for the FPO.

Don't forget that this was a fairly recent design after they had to cancel using Blue Lake. The course Superintendent they are at also might have set some limitations on where they could put holes...

... or maybe BroD was right all along about Keegan...:D

Don't forget that this was a fairly recent design after they had to cancel using Blue Lake. The course Superintendent they are at also might have set some limitations on where they could put holes...

... or maybe BroD was right all along about Keegan...:D

haha yeah, I'm not critiquing what Keegan did with the place, but the outcome (from the limited coverage I've seen plus the caddy book) is fairly uninteresting. As I think biscoe has said before though, novelty is attractive.