• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGR PDs -> Thanks For Playing!

Nice that you got your discs, but how on earth did they get here before reaching you? It just doesn't compute.

Meh. I was exhausted and trying to rip everything I had left out of my body my form disintegrated in many ways. I wasn't planning on throwing yesterday as I trained for three days in a row and had cider before mafa called. 150 S non freak flew more HSS and way more LSS than 157 DGR P PDs in a stiff rear wind. We had little time and I already knew that my light P PDs don't cut it in headwinds so I didn't throw against the wind. 166 P Freak is a little more HSS and somewhat more LSS than the lighter ones. PD is fast for a rearwind disc and on an off day I couldn't power them enough. 157 does glide about 7-10' farther than a 166.

I'm really loving all my P-PDs, all of them have a different personality, 156 is definitely a turning disc and BOMBS with a downwind, the 168 does a nice S-curve flight and the 172 (weighed in at 174) is pretty damn straight. And best of all, they're all just ridiculously easy to throw long. My P-DDs have a distance potential advantage, but I might be throwing these longer on average. Especially the 168 is a great compromise between controllability and amazing distance.

jubuttib said:
Nice that you got your discs, but how on earth did they get here before reaching you? It just doesn't compute.

Ya, I dunno. Sometimes I get a disc from the US in 2 days, sometimes 2 weeks. :?

These things are awesome. I got out to my course today to test em out. Threw 3 in the bag.
175 S, 170 P, and the new 167 P that I got from Timko's leftovers. I'm really glad I went and got a lighter one.
The turnover from the lighter one is really nice.
I think the 170 P will be my go to straight PD, since it'll prolly beat into that sweet spot after a while. The heavier 175 S will be my hyzer PD.

First hole today, I tossed all three... 280 foot tunnel shot, veering to the right a little then an open field. First one, 167, tried to see if it would hold a slight anny line, it did but went into the trees. 2nd, 170 P, held the S line thru the tunnel, came back and stung the chains. Skimmed past it. Heavier S went straight then a hard fade.

I like the control I have with these. I took a lot of throws with other discs and my PDs from the tee boxes. On open holes the PDs went about 20-30 feet shorter... But I think I can probably have more control over these. My Memorial Nuke and Pro Katanas were still my main big drivers, but these are great for some more control. Never did I throw it and have them turn over too much. So I think I've found a great controlled fairway driver for myself.
Now I need to edit my bag down a few discs.
I was carrying the Nuke Katana combo, with 3 Katanas. I may dwindle that down, and see what else I can get rid of.
But I'm diggin my new setup
xXx
3 PDs
Nuke
Katana
CE Valk
3 Rocs.

I feel it's pretty well rounded. Now just gotta get used to pulling these out more often and getting the feel for em.

A quick note: People have been inquiring about another run to Mark at DGV. To make things easy, this is what we're going to do.

A $1 wholesale "tax" will be added to each disc that mark is selling. That $1 will be the money that need to go toward the site, to Marmoset for the design royalty, and to me for using the dye. Any profit on top of that can go to the organizer. You'll need to get approval from myself to use the stamp.

Jussi, you're on the approved list.

What was the minimum amount again, 50 discs? So all I've gotta do is find people to order something like 45 DDs here in Finland, who want one with a DGR-stamp.

Time to get cracking... =)

1) Yeah man, if it's PDs again, I'll buy a stack of 10.

2) HAHAHAHAHHAHAH I remember seeing that dude in your avatar on the news eating the robbery note. AHAH

Finally got a chance to get out and see how the DGR PD's fly and I'm loving them, the Pink P being my favorite of the bunch.

4640508182_f591d01f91.jpg

Not pictured: One Pink PD that I threw today. It was laser straight and fading (low to the ground). I like the PD a lot!

Almost don't want to throw these...

Jeronimo said:
Ummmmm I want that center orange one you have...

I told you that I'd trade one for a Champion Roc. ;)

I'm sure we can make a deal... the center orange one actually looks a LOT better in person - it has that cool white stripe that you can barely make out in the photo.

Latest posts