• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dicks sporting goods, goodbye innova

I checked online. They still sell innova starter packs and other innova products. They are selling dynamic discs now too. Which i dont believe was the case last year.
Smells like growth then. The one I know about, and spent a lot of time at has an end cap devoted to disc golf. i.e. The amount of shelf space they can devote to promoting, and selling disc golf is tiny. It will probably rotate in Innova premium stock from the back as it comes in, and/or opens up.

fake news? maybe just an awkward account of their last experience with dicks? whos to say really

i see what you did there... :D

maybe it's just a naive assumption but it has the smell of $hit stirring. DSG dropping Innova based on the current stock of one location is a ridiculously huge assumption.

Americans aren't really known for their critical thinking but an adult professional ought to be a bit more reasonable. perhaps i can assume that this guy either lives in Emporia or has just spent too much time on reddit.

Innova's demise is greatly exaggerated. Don't they have the top-rated player on the tour, who is also young, smart,
healthy and a nice guy ?

No, all the top pros left, remember?

Clearly they're going under.

Chain stores tend to order from existing SKUs. Hence DSG restocking Grooves. If someone knowledgeable steps in, that can and usually does change. In my experience, this really depends on the individual location and who is doing the ordering.

Chain stores tend to order from existing SKUs. Hence DSG restocking Grooves. If someone knowledgeable steps in, that can and usually does change. In my experience, this really depends on the individual location and who is doing the ordering.

^^^ This. Our local sporting goods store has one end cap of Innova discs, and it's always the same 4-5 obscure molds and I rarely ever see them sell. Usually just your choice of Corvettes, Daedealus, Sidewinders, Wombats and Darts. And not to help their matters or sales, the DX plastic discs are the same price as the Star and Champion discs and usually in the $20-$22 range and all stock stamp.

In regards to Innova "trending" up or down in brick & mortar stores....... The head of Community Relations has asked all Innova Ambassadors to help out with a Retail Display Campaign. He's asking us to visit a local store and introduce ourselves as Innova reps and take pictures of their Innova(and other mfr's) displays. Included in the request is a detailed form to fill out. The stated goal is to better understand current retail trends and improve their decision-making in the future.

I plan to hit up 3 stores..... a DSG, a non-chain local sporting goods store that started selling discs a few years ago and a new store that's looking to become an Innova Authorized Dealer.

The locals shops I go to say that Innova makes up a ton of their sales. Ones biggest is the MVP brands followed by Innova and Prodigy, the other is Innova, Discraft, Trilogy. So I think people are still asking for them.

I was in there dropping off some Stegos at the first one and there were guys in there asking for Teedevils and Darts.

The disc golf world is weird.

Latest posts