• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Dino Discs - Stegosaurus

uncle pennybags

Double Eagle Member
From Infinite Discs Site

The Stegosaurus is the quintessential mid-range driver designed for some turn with a little bit of end-fade. Of course, in a lighter weight, it is more understable than the flight numbers might suggest. But for kids, this mid will do the trick in fading to the basket for a short putt. It has a somewhat deeper rim for more of a "frisbee" feel for new players.

NOTE: The Stegosaurus is molded from the ABC Mission.

I'm not sure I like some other brand flexing on my beloved Reptilian Stego like this, even if it's meant for younger or low power players. :\

Lol love the concept. Might get a few of these for the kiddo to use when he gets old enough to start discing.

Lol love the concept. Might get a few of these for the kiddo to use when he gets old enough to start discing.

So.......now??? Never to young to hand them a frisbee! My youngest is one and a half, and one of the few coherent words in his vocab is "fizbeeee". He loves to chuck discs around with his older brother In the yard. It's awesome!

So.......now??? Never to young to hand them a frisbee! My youngest is one and a half, and one of the few coherent words in his vocab is "fizbeeee". He loves to chuck discs around with his older brother In the yard. It's awesome!

He has a Comet and a Sonic Jr. he loves playing with already :hfive:

There's a gazillion dinosaur species to choose from and they had to go with one that already had a popular disc? Also, the first time some 6 year old gets a Stego by accident instead of a stegosaurus is gonna put her off frisbee for the rest of her life...

Agreed!! My 5yr old son has thrown my Stego before. He loves the stamp and is always wanting to try it. The results are pretty comical, but useless to his progress in disc golf.

I might have to get one of these though even though I protest its name.....

I actually think it's a pretty smart concept to make discs designed for children that have dinosaur names. I don't have any kids but some of my friends have young boys who are all various levels of obsessed with dinosaurs.

At the same time, why they gotta be flexing on RDG and my Stego?

Stego(s) only round could be interesting.

I was just thinking that....might be a good way for my 5yo and I to and keep it even. He can smash his stingray nearly as far as I can my Stego anyway, so I bet this would be close. And he would love that!

I'm going to have to order one.......

I'm in the same boat. My 1.5 year old son gets legitimately excited when a new disc comes in the mail or I leave my bag out in the house. In general, everything is a Frisbee or ball and everything needs to be thrown.

They say the disc is for kids, but they also say it uses the mold from the ABC Mission. That disc wasn't supposed to be a kids disc, if I remember right it was supposed to approximate a slightly seasoned Roc.

Sounds like the "for kids" bit is just marketing.

They say the disc is for kids, but they also say it uses the mold from the ABC Mission. That disc wasn't supposed to be a kids disc, if I remember right it was supposed to approximate a slightly seasoned Roc.

Sounds like the "for kids" bit is just marketing.

At 124g tho, it'd be as good as anything. When I was looking for discs for my little guy, a lot of people suggested sub 130g rocs.

So nobody is going to bring up the Velociraptor and the Raptor?

So nobody is going to bring up the Velociraptor and the Raptor?

I was about to, RDG keeps getting the short end of the deal on the names. Next thing we know Prodiscus will have a SERPENTa and someone will put out Tirant.

There are 3 other Dino Discs listed online now. The Pterodactylus, Tyrannosaurus Rex, and Brachiosaurus.

SEE THEM HERE

And no, it is not at all a way to flex on any other brand. Dinosaurs are just a thing that kids find "cool" and these aren't being PDGA approved by these names. They are all made with existing ABC disc molds and molded with plastic by Zing. It was just a way to make a line of kids discs at an affordable price.

The Stego is an awesome disc and no disrespect is intended by including the popular dinosaur, Stegosaurus.

The only "flexing" will be your 8-year-old flexing a 120 gram Tyrannosaurus Rex across the fairway for 125 feet :)

Latest posts