• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DISAPPEARING COURSE

Hey Adam, That tree on 1 is almost dust. If it goes down they would hopefully put a totem pole in. But the way they spend money over there it would probably just be a telephone pole or nothing. I would like to see more trees between 4 and 7, 5 and 6 and all along the creek by 8,9 and 10. The back isnt as bad but needs help. You would think the pro shop on the premises would want to keep the course up for there best interest, But that isnt happening. I wonder how much business they would do if is wasnt for the course being there?
How cool would it be to be the one who's disc finally toppled thay old tree?! I mean sure you probably wouldn't start with a birdie but it would be worth it!

i hope you are joking!!

What would I be joking about? Dog parks are gross. Concentrated urine and feces and all the other nasty stuff that comes off animals make for terrible smells and general filthy conditions where bacteria and disease are rampant. I'm getting off topic but why do we even let animals live in our homes?

jim is the course designer, disc golf shop owners with 2 partners, and the course pro/liaison.

oh and their is a set amount of space that the course can be used. so making some holes bigger would make more holes shorter.

Charlie Callahan is the course designer.

What would I be joking about? Dog parks are gross. Concentrated urine and feces and all the other nasty stuff that comes off animals make for terrible smells and general filthy conditions where bacteria and disease are rampant. I'm getting off topic but why do we even let animals live in our homes?

you might not understand!! orangevale park is not a disc golf only park!

you have a horse arena, a small amphitheater, a nature area and a kids park, a soccer field and the most obvious a tennis court!
if the park was a disc golf only park it would be a 27 hole or maybe 2 18's and a pay to play and park course and park but it is a public park and your way of thinking is why OV has so many problems cause you forget that it is a public park for all of the public to use.

There are plenty of trees on the course. The only holes that could use more would be holes 1-3. Yes there is talk of putting in a dog park on hole 5 so we would lose 5 and 6.

I thought this thread was dead right out of the shoot. Plenty of trees? Ive been playing this course for only around 5 years. And in that time ive seen it thin drastically. I know im going to get **** from people who have been playing here longer or have ties with the shop, But this course could be so much better. If we were to lose 5 and 6, And in doing so gained access to the area in the back by 14-15, so be it. I would hate to lose 6 but the property on the back would be awesome. Good source says that will never happen.

Not saying I have all the answers, The tree thing is very frustrating because for one thing they're oaks. There not going to spring up in a year. Another thing is you cant just plant anything, It has to be indigenous to the area.

I would really like to see the area coming off of 12 basket fixed up. That should be a signature hole being so close to the shop, Plus when it rains it turns into a mud pit.
The people who play there knows what needs to be done, And im sure there are plenty of people who are frustrated just like I am. Since ive been playing there I would like to think I have put in my share of work.

With all the traffic over the years these oaks are getting thinner and thinner. Mostly from stuck discs and the people using anything lying around to get them down. The worst of this is people breaking off lower branches to throw at the disc. And the smaller trees and shrubs have been trampled throughout the years.

I know the course well. The problem you are describing is probably more related to soil compaction and erosion rather than players retrieving their treed discs.

It's a nice course. Too bad it's terribly overcrowded and patronized by a bunch of low-lifes.

Latest posts