• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Beeper Caught on Film!

jenb

* Ace Member *
My Disc Beeper arrived in a plain brown box.

attachment.php

I can't wait to find out what my "special gift" is for preordering. :D

attachment.php

Is it this white slip of paper?

attachment.php

No, that's instructions for attaching the disc beeper to a disc. :\

Attachments

• db_box.JPG
    db_box.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 786
  • db_box_open.JPG
    db_box_open.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 784
  • DB_instructions.JPG
    DB_instructions.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 785
Well, let's take a closer look at the package.

attachment.php

I wonder what's on the back?

attachment.php

Ok, let's look inside.

attachment.php

Score! Free sticker! :D

Now what disc should I put it on? I'm leaning towards something that floats, since the disc beeper is advertised as water proof.

Attachments

• db_package_front.jpg
    db_package_front.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 778
  • db_package_rear.JPG
    db_package_rear.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 779
  • db_package_open.JPG
    db_package_open.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 778
By "it" I mean the beeper, not the sticker. :D

So any suggestions as to which disc?

One you're not going to use in competition. Preferably a driver so you can throw it into a wall before and after soaking it to test how good the tape is.

The way that would work for me: Attach beeper to disc, throw disc, land dead center of fairway in the perfect line to the basket, throw mid-range or putter for upshot, lose mid or putter within thirty feet of basket.:)

But seriously, how much and how far away does it work?

The way that would work for me: Attach beeper to disc, throw disc, land dead center of fairway in the perfect line to the basket, throw mid-range or putter for upshot, lose mid or putter within thirty feet of basket.:)

But seriously, how much and how far away does it work?

They are 19.99 and the website says they can be heard from over 200 feet away.

http://discbeeper.com/shop/

They are 19.99 and the website says they can be heard from over 200 feet away.

http://discbeeper.com/shop/

Well, then I am out. Most discs I lose are because they find a blind alley, kick or something, and I am likely not even close to the disc.

In actuality, most discs I lose are in the winter or in incredibly thick shrubbery. My honest question would be, how well does the sound travel if somewhat muffled by being under snow or in deep foilage? Secondly, since it is water proof, how well can you hear the beeping if the disc is two to four feet under water?

I can see using this during those Ice Bowls, winter rounds, and non-sanctioend tournaments. It would be no different, in terms of modifications, than playing with ribbons or lights.

Curious to see how these work for you and your thoughts and comments after use in certain situations.
:popcorn:

If you can hear this from 200' away, I'm calling a courtesy violation now. Thank goodness we don't share the same courses.

cool idea but I think the bluetooth 4.0 tags are superior in every regard, much more expensive though =P

Guy 1 - "check out this disc! It floats, glows in the dark, beeps, and emits a honing signal to your cell phone!"
Guy 2 - "Man, that's awesome! What'd that cost you?"
Guy 1 - "Nothin! I found it last week!"

Guy 1 - "check out this disc! It floats, glows in the dark, beeps, and emits a honing signal to your cell phone!"
Guy 2 - "Man, that's awesome! What'd that cost you?"
Guy 1 - "Nothin! I found it last week!"

Good one! :D

I'm going to compare a few floating drivers and see which one I want to use. I have a dragon, and I ordered a Lightning #2 Driver and a Quest Ultra Long Range Driver. So I expect to use the disc beeper on one of those.

Are there any other premium plastic, max weight drivers that float, besides the Quest Ultra Long Range Driver?

Well, then I am out. Most discs I lose are because they find a blind alley, kick or something, and I am likely not even close to the disc.

I don't think I've ever found a disc over 200' from where I've thought it was. Maybe I'm special?

I don't think I've ever found a disc over 200' from where I've thought it was. Maybe I'm special?

I would like to believe that I can get within 30 to 50 feet of where I thought it landed, but I have lost enough where I am obviously wrong. 200 is probably pushing it for my worst case scenario, but there have been plenty of times where I have found my disc at least 100 to 150 away from where I was initially looking. I suppose if you blast a tree only a 100 feet away with 350+ foot power, combine that with my bad luck, and you are bound to misplace a few discs.

Latest posts