• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

disc diameter large vs. small

Mark Ellis said:
I saw it existed, I didn't read it. It looked huge. Was there something a non-Comet thrower should know about it? Anyway, a question was posed and I responded.

Summary of that thread for a non-comet thrower:

why aren't you throwing a comet?

Frank Delicious said:
Mark Ellis said:
I saw it existed, I didn't read it. It looked huge. Was there something a non-Comet thrower should know about it? Anyway, a question was posed and I responded.

Thanks for the summary. Did anyone else mention the dominess problem? Was there a brilliant resolution suggested? I may get away without reading any of it.

Yesterday I tested the new run of Sparkle Z Squalls which are flatter than I recall the prior runs of Squalls. My friend Jeremy Swan loves Squalls (which look somewhat Comet-like but fly more like a broken in Buzzz) and was throwing the new ones very well. Even the more limited dome of the new Squalls felt unnatural to me.

Mark Ellis said:
Frank Delicious said:
Mark Ellis said:

Thanks for the summary. Did anyone else mention the dominess problem? Was there a brilliant resolution suggested? I may get away without reading any of it.

Yesterday I tested the new run of Sparkle Z Squalls which are flatter than I recall the prior runs of Squalls. My friend Jeremy Swan loves Squalls (which look somewhat Comet-like but fly more like a broken in Buzzz) and was throwing the new ones very well. Even the more limited dome of the new Squalls felt unnatural to me.

The consensus is domey comets are the best and flatter comets are flippier and less glidey. I need to try the Z squalls, I've been throwing Z aftershocks as my stable/overstable slot lately and they are awesome.

Mark Ellis said:

Nah, I was just pointing it out in order to make the point that there is much Comet love on these boards. And that's a good thing.

Mark Ellis said:
Did anyone else mention the dominess problem? Was there a brilliant resolution suggested?
Domey Comets are the only Comets. Flat Comets are bitchy pains in the ass. If I wanted to spend the afternoon with a bitchy pain in the ass I'd stay home with my wife. :p

Basically if you don't like domey discs, you don't like Comets. That's a couple notches below brilliant, but a resolution nonetheless.

Working Stiff said:
Mark Ellis said:
Did anyone else mention the dominess problem? Was there a brilliant resolution suggested?
Domey Comets are the only Comets. Flat Comets are bitchy pains in the ass. If I wanted to spend the afternoon with a bitchy pain in the ass I'd stay home with my wife. :p

Basically if you don't like domey discs, you don't like Comets. That's a couple notches below brilliant, but a resolution nonetheless.

Simplicity and brilliance are blood brothers.

Mark- you should get the lizard lawyer as your status, you've earned a unique one

so... what do you use for your under stable mid?
i like the meteor cause the grip was similar to the buzzz, never thought of it as domey per say... but i guess it is when i really look at it

also, how often do you guys try to film more "clinics"
the world of lurkers are fiend'n for more

you guys should get some slow mo, and really highlight the fundamentals and differences/similarities between the pros...
i like the vids, but a balla like yourself needs some HD and an incentive to get all sponsered pros to participate, but i really dig the layed back approach, and appreciate the work being done

lil late, but i figured i'd say thanks for helping the sport
long overdue

sorry for thread jackin

MotoDj said:
Mark- you should get the lizard lawyer as your status, you've earned a unique one

so... what do you use for your under stable mid?
i like the meteor cause the grip was similar to the buzzz, never thought of it as domey per say... but i guess it is when i really look at it

also, how often do you guys try to film more "clinics"
the world of lurkers are fiend'n for more

you guys should get some slow mo, and really highlight the fundamentals and differences/similarities between the pros...
i like the vids, but a balla like yourself needs some HD and an incentive to get all sponsered pros to participate, but i really dig the layed back approach, and appreciate the work being done

lil late, but i figured i'd say thanks for helping the sport
long overdue

sorry for thread jackin

I use a beat up X Buzzz for an understable mid and love it.

Slow motion cameras are expensive tools which I have not had access to so far. Thanks for the kind words. I hope my best shots and best videos are in my future. My influence is small as to when clinics are conducted or published. My sponsor makes those calls.

Frank Delicious said:
The Big Fundamental is a unique rank

hehe, i wouldn't mind that over the turkeylink... i mean if your offering

the big fundamental sounds sweet
but unique rank is funnier
:mrgreen:

i can see the first impressions now...

Mark Ellis said:
I use a beat up X Buzzz for an understable mid and love it.

Slow motion cameras are expensive tools which I have not had access to so far. Thanks for the kind words. I hope my best shots and best videos are in my future. My influence is small as to when clinics are conducted or published. My sponsor makes those calls.

i had a beat up x buzzz i got from PIAS, but it never got flippy enough for me, plus it was a purple tie dye... i traded it before i lost it
definitely was understable though

my esp buzzz sunk in the river on its second throw, never got a chance to wear it in at all

o well, happy with the meteor, intrigued about the comet, but i'm pretty comfy with mids for now

Beating an ESP Buzzz to be that flippy would take forever (or a ton of intentional abuse). The X's take a while as it is.

How about a Skeeter? It holds any anhyzer line I put it on, just requires more control. Skeeter=Money shot.

HukAndDuck said:
How about a Skeeter? It holds any anhyzer line I put it on, just requires more control. Skeeter=Money shot.

Nope, skeet = money shot, skeeter = money shooter.