• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Dyeing

Innova_Star

I have never seen this beforee ...how do you do it..... there is anybody thats willing to help out and tell how to do this .....:thmbup:

There are posts on here with a breakdown. However it's pretty easy. Pick your stencil, Copy it to either contact paper or sign vinyl with a sticky side (I've only used contact paper but most people on here will say that vinyl is better). Apply the stencil to the disc. Cut it out the stencil and then place the disc face down in a bucket or pan with a warmed Rit dye mixture until it reaches your desired color. You will want to make sure that you have no wrinkles in the vinyl or contact paper because they can cause dye runs that can ruin the detail of your stencil. That's basically it for a quick tutorial lol. I would recommend looking for the post with the tutorial here though because it will give you more detailed info.

this is the basic tutorial that i learned from:

and use sign vinyl. far more better than contact paper.

this is the basic tutorial that i learned from:

and use sign vinyl. far more better than contact paper.

I've only done 3 dyes so far (fourth coming up soon)and still have not gotten any vinyl to work with. I really want to try the vinyl because I get way too many bleeds with the contact paper and can never get a good seal on the edges. It drives me nuts! :wall:

i think those tutorials should be stickied as well cause i was curious how to do this process as well

Latest posts