• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf and beer in Minneapolis

stevefolfer

Par Member
My brother and I are flying into Minneapolis on Saturday Oct 3 and wondering where to golf and eat/drink afterwards. We are driving to Wisconsin so preferably somewhere east of the airport would be ideal. I was thinking Kaposia but maybe that's too busy on the weekend? Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Lakewood hills and drive through Stillwater to eat.

Little north but fun course and cool city just off WI boarder.

You can stop and play few small 9ers inbetween too.

Also a long 18 hole course adjacent to airport on a golf course and could go downtown for endless beer options.

I also would say Lakewood Hills however I'm a bit biased on that. Other courses would be Kaposia, Oakwood, CP Adams, The Valley, Acorn Park (if you want to work on your putter tosses). With a little extra drive (45 minutes) you could hit Blue Ribbon Pines which I would say would be the one course I would go out of my way to play.

For beer Stillwater is a cool town and has some nice bars but not much for beer. If you go about ten minutes west of Stillwater however, Mahtomedi has a new restaurant called Valhalla that has in the neighboorhood of 40 taps (some Nitrogen) and a good beer selection.

Also, I don't think Kaposia would be busy to the point of annoyance on the weekend.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the ideas. I'm heading to Rice Lake, Wi for the week to hang out with Mom and Pop. As for beer, I was thinking mostly of taprooms that serve food. I was thinking of playing Kaposia but Lakewood hills sounds good too. If we go to Summit Ill say hi to Isaac for sure. Hows the course in Somerset, Wi. Kind of interested in stopping at the Brewery there too.

I am wanting to have the same experience as you guys, disc golf & beer. Hit me up on my email, [email protected]

If you guys don't mind, maybe I can tag along. That way its not just me 1) playing by myself & 2) trying to figure out where the basket and next hole is. It would be more fun to meet new people, and have more eyes to find discs and figure out the course.

let me know if you guys are interested.

Tmcalist, I'll be in touch once we are in town and have our rental car. Prob not until 1:00pm or so. Don't wait if another chance to play comes up. I'm guessing we will play Lakewood Hills. Not sure if the brewery will be before or after.

Sounds good to me. If you email me, I can give you my cell number, could be an easier way of communicating. I'll be free at 1 so if your down for me joining, let me know. Otherwise no big deal.

Sorry we didn't meet up. Brothers flight was late so we were in a rush to get to WI. Played a quick 9 in Somerset and drank a flight at Oliphant Brewery. Good beer and a fun course. Not hard but a lot of cool holes.