• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf and beer....why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When adult men socialize, there's often beer involved. When adult men play disc golf, they often socialize.
^
I could substitute ball golf, softball, bowling, fishing or a number of things where you see disc golf and things wouldn't change a bit.

In my area the parks allowing alcohol on the course far outnumber the ones which do not. Regardless, the trash from energy drinks and water bottles dominates over beer and smirnoff cans. Beer does not make people indiscreet or littery. These knuckleheads would likely be causing a problem while sober.

Most parks don't allow alcohol in them and drinking beer on the course is seen as a slap in the face to parks and rec.

I play mostly courses in central Iowa and I don't remember playing any that prohibit alcohol. There's a few that prohibit cigarette smoking however. It might be different where you're from but to say "most parks don't allow alcohol in them" isn't true from what I've seen.

I always feel sluggish when I crack open beers during a round. I don't mind a sipping on a flask once and a while during a round.

I've found that alcohol sends my game downhill pretty fast, however, for glow rounds, a little sip of tequila from the flask now and again just feels sooooo right.

Sounds like a lot of you guys can't handle your buzz. Here in Colorado, we have great beer, great smoke, great courses, and have a great time with all of it.

Buncha' squares in here...

I like beer
I like disc golf
I love beer & disc golf

My thoughts exactly.:thmbup: And as long as I'm not breaking any laws I don't think it's anybodys business, And They should keep their opinions to themselves!:thmbdown:

I don't care what people do on the course...aside from...

Just don't toss your **** on the ground, or sit on a teepad drinking and/or lighting one up while inconveniencing other people. In my area, the disc golfers who drink are usually the ones who trash the courses. There is a hole where it is "the norm" to shatter beer bottles against the trees and leave the glass shards lying around. It sounds like a joke but it isn't, and any amount of cleanup can't erase that stigma. That's not a fair assumption to make for ALL areas, but it's certainly true around here.

****s up my already-lacking ability to throw, makes DG less fun.

Good reasons for you then ^^

Beer just messes with my putting, I can still drive fine with even large quantities. Just lining up for a putt is hard without falling down on my follow through.

Sounds like a lot of you guys can't handle your buzz. Here in Colorado, we have great beer, great smoke, great courses, and have a great time with all of it.

I think cooler climates are more friendly to alcohol with activities. I don't see too many folks drinking serious beers on the courses here. If it's too hot to be hiking, hauling, and drinking heavy beer then skip the beer, don't drink lite, IMO.
That's why I like to hit the tequila (if any alcohol) before playing, but not so much during.

There's literally a 2-week window in late November where I do kinda crave a tasty dark beer and a round. It never goes well :)

Beer and Disc Golf are two things high up on my list...but I'm in the minority I guess because I don't like mixing them. I've just never really equated drinking and playing sports. After the round though, a cold one is fantastic.

No judgments to people that drink during the rounds. I like taking their money ;)

It is known within my group of friends if I show up without beer, and we're playing for money, do not give me any beer.

spinach : popeye :: Beer : zenbot

When I drink cheap piss I feel sluggish and I get headaches. Good beers I can deal with while playing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts