• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf and beer....why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
or drink fizzy fruity malt liquors.

51AUh8mrS3L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Thank you Aim for posting what I was about to.

Edit: I do give a crap what you do on the course. And I'm not alone. One or two beers, assuming it's legal to drink on the course, is fine. Any more and your asking for trouble.

You're asking to go back to middle school English class.

being a public nuisance is illegal anywhere and ive seen plenty of people on a DG who I don't even think were drinking which could have been arrested for their behavior so I think people are confusing that type of behavior which can be caused by impairment but there is never anything wrong with drinking responsibly and having a nice time.

Littering, being a Richard, not having self control and acting a fool are things people do regularly while not under the influence of anything unfortunately.

I have a few beers when I play. Sometimes it so nice outside and im not trying set any records I have some more. Sure drinking a lot can affect your game. I know a lot of players who have juat a few and are solid..moderation when you can!

because having fun outside + imbibing + a bit of personal responsibility = more fun.

don't litter, don't be an unsafe/disrespectful dbag. outside of that, who are we to judge?

I don't really drink at all anymore but on a nice day with friends, a couple beers before/during/after a round of DG - sure, why not.

Why doesn't everybody just mind their own business? If you're not trashing/ruining the course or endangering someone's safety then I don't care what you do.

Personally I bought an Ogio cooler backpack so I could throwback some Colorado KoolAid while I play. I also carry a plastic bag to bring all of my cans with me because few of our courses have trash cans or recycling bins.

I can't believe this thread has 5 pages already. Silly really.

I can't understand why folks can't understand. Golf, softball, darts, bowling, pool, beach volleyball, skiing, skateboarding... Name it all of these are routinely enjoyed while imbibing/ingesting intoxicating substances.

So?

Will drinking intoxicating beverages make you a better player? Anyone who thinks it will is not being honest with themselves. Will it enhance your disc golfing experience, probably so. Some people take it too far while most are just enjoying a day in the park throwing frisbees.

And as it should be, drinking during a PDGA is (supposedly) a no no. And if you are serious and dream of making a living playing this sport then lay off booze while playing I guess. But I'm willing to bet the best ball golfers in the world throw down a cold one or three when playing casually.

STAY SOBER! And kick those lousy drunks butts!!! Or lighten up Francis.

I can't believe this thread has 5 pages already. Silly really.

I can't understand why folks can't understand. Golf, softball, darts, bowling, pool, beach volleyball, skiing, skateboarding... Name it all of these are routinely enjoyed while imbibing/ingesting intoxicating substances.

I don't think it's probably very safe to drink while skiing or skateboarding lol. At least not beyond one or two.

And as it should be, drinking during a PDGA is (supposedly) a no no. And if you are serious and dream of making a living playing this sport then lay off booze while playing I guess. But I'm willing to bet the best ball golfers in the world throw down a cold one or three when playing casually.

Actually drinking is allowed by the PDGA for sanctioned C-Tier events. :thmbup:

the_more_you_know_banner.jpg

I am sure it has been said, but there are really two philosophies: drinking while disc golfing, and disc golfing while drinking. I find that as I get to play less I do more of the latter, meaning disc golf is really just a fun thing to do while I spend time outside with friends and drink beer. Our typical $2 wager does keep me honest though.

I don't think it's probably very safe to drink while skiing or skateboarding lol. At least not beyond one or two.

True it's probably not safe. But the point is it's not unusual either. Sporting activities of all kinds done for recreation or casually and even somewhat seriously are routinely played while tipping a few.

Why this is a mystery to some folks baffles the imagination.

Beer is good for you. Science has proven this. It's mostly water, so you will be better hydrated than drinking other "adult beverages". :thmbup:

Moderation in all things. Don't drink and drive. That's all kids.

Disc golf makes me relax. Beer makes me relax. Together I get pretty relaxed. I dont drink every round and hardly have more than 1-3. Unless i'm on vacation or camping/discing then I treat myself to a tasty buzz.

I can't believe this isn't in the landfill...ooh, i know, all the mods are out on the course drinking!
;)
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.