• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf and beer....why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually drinking is allowed by the PDGA for sanctioned C-Tier events. :thmbup:

PDGA Competition manual section 3.3 Player Misconduct Section B subsection 10 said:
Possession of alcohol from the start of play until the player's scorecard is submitted is not allowed. Such possession shall result in immediate disqualification at PDGA events sanctioned at B-Tier or higher. The Tournament Director may, at his sole discretion, elect to issue a warning to the offending player in lieu of disqualification solely at PDGA events sanctioned at C-tier and below. If a player has been previously issued a warning for alcohol possession at the same event, all subsequent violations shall result in immediate disqualification.

No, it's not.

Some people are seriousness about dg, and that's great. Most would consider it to be a recreational sport . Like pool, darts, bowling, ping pong,horse shoes,ball golf........getting together with friends and throwing a few back, talking some smack, and having a good time. That's what it's all about for most.

My best round ever was played after many hours of casual drinking -9 over 12 holes with 11 birds and one double bogey. Just before I shot -7 over the same 12 @ oxbow in windsor Co. Not a pitch and put by the way, possible to score low but plenty of challenge and distance. That being said my score is often larger If I drink, I hope to put acroast a good image to the the public but Its my hot body. Money/pride on the line=sober play.

51AUh8mrS3L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

quiche is good.

My local course has a sign for no alcohol, it isn't enforced. To the point that I have run across the entire staff of Drakes brewing holding a company meeting/party at the course. Complete with a keg and discs with their logo.
I used to just hang out at home or the pub, and drink beer. Then I discovered Disc Golf. Now I play disc golf and drink.
On another note, we played De La a year back, and while everyone else had one or two through the first 10 or 12, they didn't notice anything other than I happened to be scoring a lot better than they were. Finally let them in in the secret about the third time past the parking lot.... I didn't have any beers yet. They acted like I was cheating! He he! That was funny.
None of us are the loud annoying people that you know well. But the fact is, I usually do have beer when I play, regardless of the park rules. Never hurts to be low key and polite. I never leave so much as a cigarette butt much less a beer bottle. Much less a roach..

I could definitely go for an ice cold Sculpin right now also. Or Dorado, or Big Eye.....

Meh---best round ever, -11 at Horning's Hideout Highland. Nicely toasted, light on the inebriation. :D

I have a buddy who plays in our doubles sometimes we do every sunday. He gets blackout drunk every saturday night and barely eats. He basically drinks and poops constantly lol. I got him as my partner one round and by hole 10 he had drank 8 beers and whatever liquor was in another guy's flask. This is 10am on a sunday lol. He was worthless as a partner. Very useful for a laugh and if I had more than a few bucks on the round I would've been upset. This is the type of behavior I think is bad for disc golf but I don't care if someone wants to have a few during a casual round. I like beer. I just don't usually drink while playing.

This is a few pages back, but dude...this isn't a very "lol" situation. That buddy of yours has a serious drinking problem.

i don't usually smoke or drink when playing a round

if someone else does it doesn't bother me so long as they don't litter

should i decide to indulge, i pretty much expect it to become a less than stellar round

My buddy and i make it a drinking game. We normally go to a very simple course. such as Buckwheat in Milford,OH. We then go to the ace holes on the course and have fun.

1 drink for hitting the pad. they have concrete pads.
2 drinks for metal
3 drinks for chains
5 drinks for ace

We can get drunk pretty darn quick on some of these small holes.

And since we get progressivley worse as we get on we added more drinking rules.

1 drink for tree
3 drinks for OB in water.

The real question is why wouldn't you...
Actually drinking a beer quenches my thirst quite well most of the time.

Have you every played ball golf? Plenty of people drink beer while playing that too. Bowling? What would bowling be without beer..darts? Pool...again. A lot of people play for recreation and like to have a beer or two while playing...no harm.....not everyone takes it as seriously as other people do...

there is nothing wrong enjoying a beer or two while playing a round of DG. The problem comes from those alkies that can not behave once they've had a few drinks. the alkies can really drag out a round sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.