• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf App

Any chance we could partner with Android's Easy Scorecard so we could send straight to our DGCR scorecards?

I second this idea! Easy Scorecard is a great Android app. Whadda say admins?:thmbup:

I've decided I'm going to try to put together a more feature-rich mobile site. Developing separate apps for all the different platforms is far too costly between Android, Apple, Windows and Blackberry. With a decent mobile site everyone would be able to use it and I'd only have one thing to update.

FYI, there is http://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile for looking up courses right now. It's very basic, designed initially with non-smartphones in mind. I think I'm the only one left that doesn't have one and I don't have a data plan anyway so it might be time for a revamp.

holy... that mobile site is going to save me a lot of time in the future! And since I have a blackberry, I'm glad its a basic website - otherwise I wouldn't be able to use it.

Dg caddy is what I use. You can set it to any course with any amount of holes. You can save your good shots on holes by entering the disc and how you threw it. You can set each hole with distances for up to four tees. It saves every round and charts your scores per course on a graph. It tells you in round your score average on each hole and go back to your shot notes with each disc.

It does group rounds as well and I love it. it's only for apple though.

Easy Scorecard is amazing. I would love if DGCR partnered with them so they actually had some courses in my area. I actually used this site to enter in 6 of them tonight but it took awhile and it seems like it takes forever for them to authorize the courses

Do any of these apps allow you to set up a course with multiple tee/basket positions and choose which one you're using on a hole by hole basis during a round? One of the courses I frequent (Tyler State Park) uses rotating basket locations, which currently leaves me being forced to create an entirely new course for each round I play in the current app I use. DG Caddy looks like it might do it, but I wanted to make sure before I went off and bought another app.

It's possible in DG Caddy but not in the way we would like. My question to you is how many possible layouts are there for this park. Is it a situation of A odd/B even, All A, A even/B odd, All B...? The local course that does this with the gold and white tees and rotating baskets posed a problem for me on DG caddy and this is how I went about it.

For each tee (gold and white) I set up a course of its own. So on my course list I had Course (W) and Course (G). If you only play from one tee on the course you will only need one but if you play both you will have to set up both.

Then for each color of tee there are four possible courses as defined by the A/B pin locations above. Since in DG Caddy you can set up four different tee box colors I used these four spots for the each possible hole layout.

So if I got there when the course is in All A I would go to whichever teebox I was playing from (Gold or White course) and then I would start a round on that course. Then where you input which teebox you are playing, you pick which one you set up for All A. On mine the white tee selection at this particular course is set up for the All A pin location.

In that sense you can set it up for multiple pin locations. If it's a course where the pins are moved at random and one day 15 could be here and 4 could be there; well there is no way to really keep tabs on that as far as having each particular hole distance represented on its on. You can not scroll through all possible pin locations for each hole you come up to. You can only say, I'm playing the blue tees and go from there.

Hope that helps, I would advise people to email the creator of DG caddy and ask for these changes. I have done so and hope they get on it. If that was too complicated let me know and I'll try to explain it better... maybe with pictures.

My question to you is how many possible layouts are there for this park. Is it a situation of A odd/B even, All A, A even/B odd, All B...?
*snip*
In that sense you can set it up for multiple pin locations. If it's a course where the pins are moved at random and one day 15 could be here and 4 could be there; well there is no way to really keep tabs on that as far as having each particular hole distance represented on its on. You can not scroll through all possible pin locations for each hole you come up to. You can only say, I'm playing the blue tees and go from there.

Unfortunately, this course has 3 possible locations for each basket, and at any given time each pin can be in any of the 3 locations. Works out great for keeping things fresh every few weeks when locations change, but makes it a real pain to score with apps.

Unfortunately, this course has 3 possible locations for each basket, and at any given time each pin can be in any of the 3 locations. Works out great for keeping things fresh every few weeks when locations change, but makes it a real pain to score with apps.

yea... i would just advise everybody to start emailing RobotNinjaZombies and tell them we want that feature built in.

Plus I plan on making an easy way to enter scores so you can just do that right from the course if you choose to.

This would satisfy my needs and save me the trouble of double listing through my DG app on my phone and then entering the scores online at home later...
Will it get done faster if I hold my breath??? :sick:

I just got into disc golf a few weeks ago and am looking at getting an iPhone app for keeping score to monitor my progress. From what I can tell Disc Golf Tracker and DG Caddy seem to be the two most popular apps out there, but I haven't found any reviews of iDiscGolf on here. From what I've read in the App Store reviews it seems to be an increasingly popular option as well. Its also apparently on sale this month, so if anyone has used it, I'd like to get a little more info on it before the sale ends.

I just got into disc golf a few weeks ago and am looking at getting an iPhone app for keeping score to monitor my progress. From what I can tell Disc Golf Tracker and DG Caddy seem to be the two most popular apps out there, but I haven't found any reviews of iDiscGolf on here. From what I've read in the App Store reviews it seems to be an increasingly popular option as well. Its also apparently on sale this month, so if anyone has used it, I'd like to get a little more info on it before the sale ends.

Check your in-box...

Latest posts