• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf BackPack: Grip Alternative

Also, I didn't like that I needed a garbage bag looking thing to cover up my bag with in the rain. I wanted something waterproof and this bag is claims to be, the verdict is still out.

Bring a bag or a fly cover with you if you expect heavy rain - or ziplocs for important things. That bag is not waterproof. They probably just meant that it has waterproof-coated fabric. The zippers will allow water in, and at that price I can almost guarantee that the stitching/seams were not sealed with tape or sealant. Fabric alone will probably keep things dry or reasonably so in rain that isn't too heavy or prolonged.

You're prolly right, I will see what I need to do.

I know ya'll are sick of me, but one last thing I wanted to point out, tonight Elaine and I were throwing multiples as we are both trying to get ready for Worlds, and it was awesome to just grab it by the handle on top and move it like 10 ft at a time. No effort whatsoever grappling for straps.

Picture079.jpg

Sorry, just some random things I noticed playing w/it for the first time! (And yes that plant in the background needs water :()

Thanks UNM, I'm going to pick me one up. Though I'm moving in 3 months across an ocean so I'll be waiting till then.

I didn't realize how big that pocket on the side was until you mentioned fitting two 20oz bottles in it and I found a picture online at tacklewarehouse.com that shows it a little better too. I might have to get one when I get tired of my old innova tour bag or my straps get much worse. Oh who I'm I kidding... the next time I cash at a doubles league night I'll probably treat myself with this bag. Great find!

Attachments

• OKBP-5.jpg
    OKBP-5.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 115
That's pretty sweet actually. I've seen people retrofitting soft tackleboxes before but not a backpack style one.

What are the shortfalls of the grip bag that you refer to? How does this bag address those shortfalls and improve upon them?

^^^^

Is it that the discs are on the bottom?

Have you tried setting the bag on a side hill or flat ground only? I just don't see how it couldn't be top heavy when fully loaded unless the cooler was always full.

By the way where did you pick one of these up? I see another version in a different color (lighter blue) that I don't like as well.

Have you found/made something for the lower compartment besides the tackle boxes?

Bag looks great. I am nearly sold. Too bad it can't come in a few other color options though. Does the drink holder on the side hold a 32 oz Gatorade? Your holding of two drinks makes that sound likely, but I was wondering. Where that says okuma, is that a fabric one could sew a mini pocket onto? Man, this bag is nice. Thanks for the post.

A friend and I had Okuma backpacks for our fishing tackle and both of us had issues with the stitching. One of the bags shoulder straps started to tear away and the other bags mesh side pocket tore down the side. This was a couple years ago so hopefully Okuma has fixed that problem by now.

plasti dip?

Great idea and pics - my wife just gave me one for Christmas based on my "grip" envy.
The bottom "tray/plate" looks pretty durable. Did you apply any treatment/plasti dip or just leave as is?

A friend and I had Okuma backpacks for our fishing tackle and both of us had issues with the stitching. One of the bags shoulder straps started to tear away and the other bags mesh side pocket tore down the side. This was a couple years ago so hopefully Okuma has fixed that problem by now.

I had the same problem with my H2O Express tackle bag. I had a suite built in seat in it, great tourney bag. Unfortunately it just wasn't built to take the abuse.