• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf box

fiegly

Was thinking about getting one into the of those monthly box deals and was wondering of it was worth it and if the disc received where worth throwing.

Not a fan. Seems like an expensive way to gather a bunch of plastic that will gather dust in the box. Kind of like the "Special of the Day" at your local restaurant. Ingredients are usually the stuff the restaurant wants to get rid of. If I want to experiment with new plastic, there are plenty of folks at the course who will let me toss their stuff for free. Try before you buy.

[Disclaimer] I don't like buying any new discs blind, so I am probably not normal. ;)

Was thinking about getting one into the of those monthly box deals and was wondering of it was worth it and if the disc received where worth throwing.

firm No.

You would do better with retailer purchash points and on sale items.

Local shop may be help in selection. Used bins are great for trying stuff. hazyshade looks like your local big shop.

It's way better just to wait for a sale or promo. The mystery boxes are almost always a disappointment.

I've gotten one I liked from Discraft, and it was a good deal on a promo 10 discs for $50ish, but I didn't like any enough to keep them in the bag(Force was close though).

You got a great disc store in your town. Go spend the money on something you know you will like or at least feel up something different before paying for it...

I've bought a couple of the Discraft putter/mids misprint 10 packs for the summer camp I work at. It was a good way to get a bunch of discs that we can use when we take kids out out to one of the nearby courses. I never actually threw any of them myself though.

I think we have drifted a bit from monthly disc subscriptions services to mystery boxes. I have bought a couple mystery boxes, one from Discraft and one from DD. The DD box was a trilogy box with all new plastic to me at the time. I now bag a handful of those discs. The Discraft was more of a known commodity when I got it, but I discovered and still throw the Nebula from it. What I get that I don't want, I usually trade.

Columbia House failed for a reason (several actually). Why anyone would want to try that with golf discs is beyond me.

We have one of the best brick-and-mortar shops in the US in Dayton. There's not much benefit to paying for something you haven't even touched when Hazy Shade probably has the same disc on their shelves.

I want to think everyone for the imput will definitely be spending lots of time at hazy shade any ideas what to invest in I have only innova in my bag now and want to broaden my collection

Latest posts