• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Class

Looks great!

I wish a course like that had been available to me when I was in college=)

As a teacher, I've taken swimming, fishing (called Northwest Lake Ecology), hiking classes at Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker and many other so called fun classes but I want to enroll in yours.

No I'm changing my mind. I would hereby request that I be able to challange your class.

Here are some of my qualifications:

Been playing for 36 years.
Designed and built the first permanent disc golf course in the Northwest.
Have played 190 courses.
The only Diamond reviewer.

How about it Professor Carp?

Actually I don't need the credits but thanks anyway. And I think it looks like a great class. Hope you'll turn many students to our game.

Last edited:
As a teacher, I've taken swimming, fishing (called Northwest Lake Ecology), hiking classes at Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker and many other so called fun classes but I want to enroll in yours.

No I'm changing my mind. I would hereby request that I be able to challange your class.

Here are some of my qualifications:

Been playing for 36 years.
Designed and built the first permanent disc golf course in the Northwest.
Have played 190 courses.
The only Diamond reviewer.

How about it Prof?
i think you would more than qualify to teach:p

I had to take two ESACT (Excercise and Sports ACTivities) courses in college and both were L*A*M*E. I loved throwing around a Frisbee back then and I would have definately enrolled in this course. Let us know how things shaped up at the end of the semester.

Extra credit for joining DGCR? :)

I went to a Nike running Camp at UNC Ashville. It is an amazing campus, I used to hang out in the creek just past the cabin of some famous author or poet on the grounds (that was 10 years ago)

I'm applying to graduate school now. Perhaps I should pursue an M.A or Ph.D. in disc golf instead of economics...

Extra credit for joining DGCR? :)

I went to a Nike running Camp at UNC Ashville. It is an amazing campus, I used to hang out in the creek just past the cabin of some famous author or poet on the grounds (that was 10 years ago)

Professor Pete,

Your class has really gotten me thinking. I like the idea about having them join DGCR. They could print out their own score cards. They could research courses in the state or courses within 25 or 50 miles of the campus. There are many ways they could show that they're familiar with the site. How about extra credit for playing one additional new course?

Secondly, discs. Did I miss that? What are they throwing? I was thinking about making each student purchase the beginner three pack which has a putter and two other discs. That would still be cheap compared to the cost of most text books nowadays.

Once again, good luck and keep us posted how it turns out.

Sounds like an early dumping of your skills, will show higher progress. Might be a scamming way to get all 50 of those points. ;)

Sounds like an early dumping of your skills, will show higher progress. Might be a scamming way to get all 50 of those points. ;)

we have a bowling class for welness, and people say you go in and bowl a 50 your first day, and then your shure to get an "A" in the class :D

this is great! I took some fitness classes in college and I loved it. Stuff like raquetball and volleyball but we didn't have disc golf.

FYI, your point total doesn't add up to 200 points.

I took a class a lot like this at University of Florida, taught by Tom Monroe. It wasn't quite as focused on disc golf, as we also played a little bit of ultimate, guts, etc.

So you're getting paid to take people to play DG at Richmond Hills?? How awesome is that? I'll be glad to be a substitute teacher if you need one! The class looks great.