• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Courses on Ball Golf Courses

hendersondayton

Eagle Member
I need a list of current Disc Golf courses that are installed on a ball golf course.

I had a local ball golf course manager contact me regarding the potential of this happening and wanted to know if and where this currently occurs.

Any help?

Dynamic Discs - Glass Blown Open in Emporia, KS does this for various tournaments, including the 2013 PDGA Am. Worlds.
They use both the Emporia Country Club and the Emporia Municipal Golf Course.
They have permanent pin placements on some, but not all holes, however the baskets are only there during the tournaments. The permanent pins are off to the side of the ball golf fairway, in the rough, etc., and don't interfer with normal play. For pins where it would interfere, they use temporary basket stands.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5154&mode=ci

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5155&mode=ci

Steve West.

There is another thread (I'm too lazy to search) in which he compiled an extensive list. I'm pretty sure he's been involved in some installations on ball golf courses, as well.

I don't know of any ON a course, but Fort Steilacoom down by Tacoma, WA shares property with one. They're more adjacent than "sharing" though.

I would think that people would be concerned with safety since everyone would have to duck and run whenever they heard "fore" because they wouldn't even know what object to be looking out for. Plus I've heard people express concerns about discs doing damage to greens and/or fairways when they come in at the wrong angle. While I understand that ball golfers make way more divots than we ever will, I'm still inclined to agree because ball golf courses get waaaaay more upkeep than our courses do. But I guess the point is moot if you already have an interested party.

Dynamic Discs - Glass Blown Open in Emporia, KS does this for various tournaments, including the 2013 PDGA Am. Worlds.
They use both the Emporia Country Club and the Emporia Municipal Golf Course.
They have permanent pin placements on some, but not all holes, however the baskets are only there during the tournaments. The permanent pins are off to the side of the ball golf fairway, in the rough, etc., and don't interfer with normal play. For pins where it would interfere, they use temporary basket stands.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5154&mode=ci

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5155&mode=ci
This is only done for the GBO, has only been done since 2011, and will be done for Am Worlds next year. It is not done for "various tournaments". Unlike what the OP is asking about, these are not permanent installations that anyone can go play anytime.

I don't know of any ON a course, but Fort Steilacoom down by Tacoma, WA shares property with one. They're more adjacent than "sharing" though.

I would think that people would be concerned with safety since everyone would have to duck and run whenever they heard "fore" because they wouldn't even know what object to be looking out for. Plus I've heard people express concerns about discs doing damage to greens and/or fairways when they come in at the wrong angle. While I understand that ball golfers make way more divots than we ever will, I'm still inclined to agree because ball golf courses get waaaaay more upkeep than our courses do. But I guess the point is moot if you already have an interested party.

^exactly what you said.

look at my avatar... The bloody towel is a result of a golf ball being driven directly into the top of a buddies head from about 250-300yds.

Apparently they yelled fore but we didn't hear a thing till the crack the ball made on his head!

Lesson learned... BE EXTREMELY AWARE of surroundings when playing disc golf on a golf course!

copied from another thread

Summary, this time sorted by State and City

Russian Jack Springs: 9 Holes in Anchorage, AK. On the golf course. (Open)

Splat Hill DGC: 18 Holes in Browns Valley, CA. On the golf course. (Events)
Echo Hills: ? Holes in Hemet, CA. On the golf course. (Closed)
Sun Valley: 9 Holes in La Mesa, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Sea Pines Golf Resort: 9 Holes in Los Osos, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Emerald Isle: 18 Holes in Oceanside, CA. On the golf course. (Closed)
Goat Hill: 18 Holes in Oceanside, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Lava Creek DGC: 18 Holes in Paradise, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Van Buren Golf Center: 22 Holes in Riverside, CA. On the golf course. (Open)
Verdugo Hills: 18 Holes in Tujenga, CA. On the golf course. (Open)

Hiirosen Disc Golf Park: 18 Holes in Oulu, Finland. On former golf course. (Open)

Rock Springs Ridge: 36 Holes in Apopka, FL. On the golf course. (Open)
The Quarry Golf Course: 9 Holes in Brooksville, FL. On the golf course. (Open)
Dunedin Golf Club: 18 Holes in Dunedin, FL. On the golf course. (Closed)
Myerlee Country Club: 18 Holes in Fort Myers, FL. On the golf course. (Seasonal)
Forest Hills Disc Golf & Country Club: 18 Holes in Holiday, FL. On the golf course. (Open)
Ed Austin Park (Fore Palms DGC): 24 Holes in Jacksonville, FL. On former golf course. (Open)
Lutz Executive DGC: 18 Holes in Lutz, FL. On the golf course. (Open)
Pine Oaks: 24 Holes in Ocala, FL. On former golf course. (Open)
Bobby Jones Golf Complex: 18 Holes in Sarasota, FL. On former golf course, across from golf course.. (Events)

White Oak Park: 18 Holes in Dallas, GA. On former golf course. (Open)
Bowden Golf Course: 9 Holes in Macon, GA. On former executive 9-hole inside the 18-hole golf course. (Open)

Kapalua Adventures: 27 Holes in Maui, HI. On a couple of former golf holes. (Open)

Amana Colonies Golf Course: 18 Holes in Amana, IA. On the golf course. (Events)
Gateway Hills Park (Carroll Marty DGC): 18 Holes in Ames, IA. On former golf course. (Open)

Edgebrook: 18 Holes in Chicago, IL. On the golf course. (Open)
Sleepy Hollow: 18 Holes in Decatur, IL. On former golf course, and ski hill. (Open)
Pines Hills: 18 Holes in Ottawa, IL. On the golf course. (Open)

Old English: 18 Holes in English, IN. On the golf course. (Closed)
Pine View: 9 Holes in Monticello, IN. On the golf course. (Open)
Bushman DGC: 9 Holes in Nashville, IN. On former golf course. (Closed)
Little Bighorn Golf Club: 18 Holes in Pierceton, IN. Adjacent to golf. (Open)
Indian Springs: 18 Holes in Trafalgar, IN. On the golf course. (Open)

Nasu Highlands Golf Club: 18 Holes in Tochigi, Japan. On the golf course. (Events)

Emporia Country Club: 18 Holes in Emporia, KS. On the golf course. (Events)
Emporia Municipal Golf Course: 18 Holes in Emporia, KS. On the golf course. (Events)
Fort Riley: 18 Holes in Fort Riley, KS. On former golf course. (Open)

Riverview: 9 Holes in Bowling Green, KY. On the golf course. (Closed)
Lake Cumberland: 18 Holes in Somerset, KY. On former golf course. (Open)

Trenton Street Golf: 18 Holes in West Monroe, LA. On the golf course. (Open)

The Greens at Hamilton Run: 9 Holes in Hagerstown, MD. On the golf course. (Part Time)

Grassyland Frisbie & Golf: 18 Holes in Augusta, ME. On the golf course. (Closed)
Pleasant Hill DGC: 18 Holes in Scarborough, ME. On part of former golf course. (Open)
Westerly Winds: 9 Holes in Westbrook, ME. On former golf course. (Open)

The Ponds at Lakeshore: 28 Holes in Ypsilanti, MI. On former golf course. (Open)

Edgewater Park: 18 Holes in Albert Lee, MN. On former golf course. (Open)
Fort Snelling: 18 Holes in Minneapolis, MN. On the golf course. (Open)
Wirth Par 3: 18 Holes in Minneapolis, MN. On the golf course. (Open)
Bulldog Run: 9 Holes in Plainview, MN. On the golf course. (Open)

UNC DGC: 18 Holes in Chapel Hill, NC. On former golf course. (Open)

Fontenelle Park: TBD Holes in Omaha, NE. On former golf course. (Future)

Pendaries Village DGC: 18 Holes in Rociada, NM. On the golf course. (Open)

Mulligan Springs: 10 Holes in Suffield/Kent, OH. On the golf course. (Open)

Milo McIver State Park (Riverbend DGC): 27 Holes in Estacada, OR. On incompleted course. (Open)
Portland Meadows: 18 Holes in Portland, OR. On the golf course. (Events)

Timberlink: 18 Holes in Ligonier, PA. On the golf course. (Open)

Lake Murray Golf Center: 9 Holes in Chapin, SC. On the golf course. (Open)
Crestwood: 18 Holes in Denmark, SC. On the golf course. (Open)
Harbour View Golf Complex: 18 Holes in Little River, SC. On the golf course. (Closed)
Tupelo Bay: 9 Holes in Myrtle Beach, SC. On the golf course. (Open)
River Chase: 18 Holes in Union, SC. On the golf course. (Open)

Groves Park: 18 Holes in Oak Ridge, TN. On former golf course. (Open)

The LINKS at Quail Valley: 18 Holes in Missouri City, TX. On the golf course. (Closed)
Spring Valley DGC: 28 Holes in Spring, TX. On the golf course. (Open)

University of Utah: 18 Holes in Salt Lake City, UT. On former golf course. (Open)

Skyline Golf Course: 18 Holes in Cathlamet, WA. On the golf course. (Open)

Irish Waters: 18 Holes in Freedom, WI. On the golf course. (Seasonal)
Highbridge Hills: 54 Holes in Highbridge, WI. On incompleted course. (Open)
Dineen: 18 Holes in Milwaukee, WI. On former golf course. (Open)

Spring Valley in Spring,TX (outside Houston) has 9 "Power" holes on a golf course and another 18 "finesse" Holes going around the outskirts of the course. They do not let you play the Power side on the weekend due to the increase of ball golfers. Its kinda cool throwing from nice manicured grass!

This is only done for the GBO, has only been done since 2011, and will be done for Am Worlds next year. It is not done for "various tournaments". Unlike what the OP is asking about, these are not permanent installations that anyone can go play anytime.

Hello. Hope you are having a good day.

Grassyland Frisbie & Golf: 18 Holes in Augusta, ME. On the golf course. (Closed)
Pleasant Hill DGC: 18 Holes in Scarborough, ME. On part of former golf course. (Open)
Westerly Winds: 9 Holes in Westbrook, ME. On former golf course. (Open)
Grassyland was never a golf course, so I don't know why it's listed here. But it is long closed.

Westerly Winds is also closed. It was set up on an underused par 3 course that was connected to a regular 18 hole ball golf course, but the disc course was only there on a probationary basis and lasted all of two months. When the ball golf course was foreclosed on, the chances of the disc course staying any longer went with it.

For disc golf set up at actual ball golf courses in Maine, there is a 9-hole disc golf course set up at Poland Springs Golf Resort in Poland Maine, and also one at the Samoset Resort in Rockport Maine. Both aren't much in the way of challenging...more set up as a place to distract the kids for an hour or two while daddy hits a bucket at the driving range.

Massachusetts has a fairly new and well done disc golf course on a ball golf course at Ross' Run at the Petersham Country Club. Some of the disc holes share the ball golf fairways, some cross them, some are completely out of the way in the wooded areas bordering the ball golf holes. Fairly good mix of length and technical shots, if you don't survive the thorns and briars on some of the early holes.

The 'Mounds'

Groves Park: 18 Holes in Oak Ridge, TN. On former golf course. (Open). Called 'the Mounds' by locals this is the only ball golf course I've thrown at. It make me think that this is a great idea. The place looks stunning & the throws are hella-long!