• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Drivers License

I've seen countless first time players use dollar store junk discs and have extremely frustrating experiences. I bet that many of them didn't give dg a second shot.

At least a proper superclass disc has the potential to fly a reasonable distance.

Using a proper superclass disc, which typically refers to high-quality discs from reputable disc golf brands, can indeed make a significant difference in a player's experience. Superclass discs are designed with specific flight characteristics and are made from durable materials that allow for better control and distance. They are generally more consistent and reliable in terms of flight paths.

When starting out in disc golf, it's advisable for players to invest in a few basic discs that are suitable for beginners. These discs are typically more forgiving and easier to throw, helping new players build confidence and develop their skills. As players progress and become more comfortable with the game, they can explore different disc types and upgrade to higher-quality discs if desired.

Superclass bot?

Bot bumps are fun they dig up some interesting threads. I nominate this bot as not quite superclass maybe condor.
My girlfriend throws light Condors (130g, 155g), Mirage, the new MVP Glitch, and BlowFly for putting. Her headwind driver is a Prodigy M4 at 142g. All discs fly in the direction she is aiming or tilting. She and her other women players over age 60 have mostly given up on golf discs that quickly start to curve after releasing straight, even the most understable, lightweight drivers like say a Mamba.

I have a shark and its a lot like a superclass disc they were originally based off of them but a different mold I know for sure because my uncle had one but it was blue which was only from the dye that was leftover from Vibram at the time back in the day Dave was in there helping them come up with new molds and he had the bobcat but it got lost in the fairway on 8 in a hole on a course that's not there anymore but this sasquatch took it and played it and got a birdie.

Haha I miss him too, posted with love ❤️

I never leave home without my Champ Zephyr! I've played in three superclass tournaments which might be a record :popcorn: . No I am not a SuperClass bot lol.

I never leave home without my Champ Zephyr! I've played in three superclass tournaments which might be a record :popcorn: . No I am not a SuperClass bot lol.

Prove it.

134404474bc4d35102331304564bec152c8848c241b9b4f0852cbcf851886b04_1.webp

I signed up for the 2023 World Zephyr Championships in October. Can't wait!

I last played it in 2018 and finished 2nd out of 15 hardy souls (using my Champion Zephyr). Lost in a playoff.

This year there are 71 signed up so far with 1 opening.

Only disc allowed is a Zephyr, you can carry as many Zephyrs as you'd like, although I only used one last time.

So much fun watching those lids fly!