• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf featured in TV commercial

Wow! Its like they treated disc golf like any other sport/game/past time.....EQUALITY!

Since I don't live anywhere near the place, can someone tell me if like the restaurant is located off of a main road right close to a DG park/course where it is frequented by DGers regularly or even if the owner of the place is a DGer or something? I appreciate the fact that it's in the commercial, but it seems like there has to be come relation of DG to the restaurant because there is no way a marketing person coming up with an idea of a restaurant is just randomly going to say "hey lets use bears playing a sport the greater majority of people know nothing about and the restaurant I am trying to advertise has nothing to do with it either"

I wonder if the disc golfers in the suits throwing were different from the older guys sitting at the table? Perhaps we might know the throwers?

Since I don't live anywhere near the place, can someone tell me if like the restaurant is located off of a main road right close to a DG park/course where it is frequented by DGers regularly or even if the owner of the place is a DGer or something? I appreciate the fact that it's in the commercial, but it seems like there has to be come relation of DG to the restaurant because there is no way a marketing person coming up with an idea of a restaurant is just randomly going to say "hey lets use bears playing a sport the greater majority of people know nothing about and the restaurant I am trying to advertise has nothing to do with it either"

It is a chain of restaurants all over the west coast, not a single restaurant. And they have no relationship to disc golf or a specific course. Their commercials all have a similar theme: someone in a bear suit doing something fun, then eating. Good publicity for the sport! :thmbup:

Not 100% sure, but it looks like it might have been shot at Riverbend Park in Oroville, CA.

Saw this and it is awesome. Good depiction of the sport. You don't have to wait on every hole if you are wearing a bear suit.

Black Bear Diner also sponsors local tournaments. I will choose them over another Diner just because of their support of disc golf. I also like that you could tell whoever was wearing the bear costume actually knew what they were doing.

Black Bear Diner also sponsors local tournaments. I will choose them over another Diner just because of their support of disc golf. I also like that you could tell whoever was wearing the bear costume actually knew what they were doing.
Agreed, I'm glad they used people who could actually play.
Saw this and it is awesome. Good depiction of the sport. You don't have to wait on every hole if you are wearing a bear suit.
:hfive: Maybe I can pick up a 9/10 bear suit in trade for some plastic in the MP.

It is a chain of restaurants all over the west coast, not a single restaurant. And they have no relationship to disc golf or a specific course. Their commercials all have a similar theme: someone in a bear suit doing something fun, then eating. Good publicity for the sport! :thmbup:

Not 100% sure, but it looks like it might have been shot at Riverbend Park in Oroville, CA.

It does kinda look like oroville but there isnt a black bear any where near thete that I can think of. Vacaville is the closest I know of. I wanna know where they played at.

I saw this thread at lunch and couldn't see the video at work. When I got to the pub tonight, folks (who don't play but are aware) were actually telling me about it. Good exposure!
Not a bad place to eat either.

If no one is going to say it......that bear was throwing under his arm. He'd get better distance if he kept it down to his side.

DX Shark hyzer putting FTW.

Latest posts