• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf has made me better at...

Disc golf brought me to this site. Being at this site has really refined my trolling skills. Thank you disc golf.

golf...strengthens your core and keeps your club steady through the swing. Added 20 yards to my drive.

Im 5'10 160 and got 3rd of 20 in a home run derby this summer. Same core strengthening .

im a pro at wasting my money now

And...It's amazing how quickly I've become a pro! :D In all seriousness, it has helped me become organized. My bag is organized in a borderline OCD way, and believe me.... There are some things in my life that I need to apply that kind of order to.

All of the above! :hfive: plus discovery of the whole dyeing thing has inspired me to get back to my artistic side. Thanks, DG, for helping me get off my arse and walk in the park and rediscover the joy of doing creative work just for the fun of it.

Backhanding bitches when they don't pay up...

Seriously though...just better at seeking self improvement.

(I can't even imagine backhanding someone with drive-like form...I bet it would be brutal for all parties involved.)

Volleyball!

okay i know it sounds weird but the whip of throwing discs can be easily translated into spiking or jump serving a volleyball...those concepts are so hard to understand in throwing a frisbee. but once you understand the concepts and apply them to hitting a volleyball it really made a difference. i was always a good player but it really upped my game! i hit a volleyball 10x better than i throw discs!!!

Accepting when things don't go my way.

But on another note disc golf has actually made me worse at my main sport.... Tennis

Better at:

Spinning things on my fingers. 3-ring binders, plates, DVD cases, etc.

Acquiring poison ivy.

I am not really sure if I am better at anything besides disc golf and honestly the only thing I really care about are which of my other activities are going to make me better at disc golf!

Lol, I thought about this earlier today.

I used to throw stuff in the trashcan like a basketball player.... Now I do it with a putt. My accuracy went from 3/10 from 10 feet, to 9/10 from 15 ft. Also, when I take my wallet out of my pockets, I toss it on my desk, now I can land it on the desk without accuracy.

Also, I can hold my temper alot better. I can remain quiet for hours without saying anything negative. Which usually was 10 minutes max when I'm bothered/upset/mad. It's brought a positive side of me which is awesome.

And I appreciate nature a lot more than I used to, even if I dream of making everything a disc golf course. Lol

I've learned tons of species of trees and plants, which ones to stay away from, which ones cure the pain from the bad ones, which ones are invasive and which ones are native. I wouldnt know that a cedar apple rust gall is actually not an invasive alien species from a distant planet.

How parks systems work. Went to a few meetings for new course development and learned what their priorities and concerns are. Basically, they're all as broke as the rest of us.

Anger management for sure. I havent had a "bad" round in the last year, and am never upset or negative during the round. I definitely will sulk on some missed short putts but that ones mine to bear and nobody else will know.

Disc golf in general just makes me happy. I can't be at the course playing disc golf and not be happy. I am grateful for having the ability to be there and play.

Its made me feel more prepared to tackle all-weather situations. I was a ****ty camper before I became addicted to disc golf. Now I've got all the sweet gear and am always dry.

And of course everyones favorite benefit of being a disc golfer--being able to guess the stability of random round objects. Tortilla? Understable. Pringles can lid? Stable. 5 gallon bucket lid? Overstable as hell.

(I can't even imagine backhanding someone with drive-like form...I bet it would be brutal for all parties involved.)[/QUOTE]

This would make a great youtube video. Just need two idiots. One with great BH form, and one dumb enough to get back-handed harder than Rihanna when she pissed off Chris Brown.