• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the News

Crazy personal agendas. Disc golfers are more impacting to the local flora/fauna than people walking their dogs? Kill and eagle?? What the heck does that mean. A bunch of crazy what if's and a handful of hyperbolies. Someone should get the email address of the mayor and post it here. I would be glad to send a quick positve note in retort of the entitled opposition.

This sounds an awful lot like when someone decided to build a richy subdivision in Columbus, OH, right next to Polaris amphitheater. Then wouldn't you know it the richy suburbanites decided there was too much noise....So now one of the great outdoor concert venues is no longer in existence.

Why is it that people move next to a park thinking they own their view, then the park gets developed and they claim it is their space?

"The view from our back yard is going to be very, very impacted by this crazy, crazy idea of golf discs," Walker said. "I don't care about it. I want my back yard. I want my view. I want my privacy."

She moved from New York... maybe she had a backyard, maybe she had a fire escape... but I somehow doubt that disc golf is going to impact her view very very much in any crazy crazy way...

NIMBYism at it's finest.

Proud to see this course I pioneered and designed featured on a tv news spot. Most of the holes featured are the original design, although a bunch not shown has been changed and updated by the guys still there. Good work JB and the rest!

There is certainly a stigma about playing disc golf on public lands in some places but thankfully in some other places out west, such as southern oregon, it is seen somewhat in the norm and along the lines of other low impact outdoor recreation and thus accepted. It also doesn't hurt that myself and many others, when creating and stewarding theses courses, put a big emphasis on communicating to all the need to keep the place clean and be respectful. It's nice to see it pay off to where it can be on TV.

Found this pic stumbling on a site of problem solvers.

XMV8g-1.jpg

What's that putter anyway?

Latest posts