• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf in the Olympics

I thought about this the other day, and the more I think about it, the more sense it makes:

Disc golf as three separate events:

1. Putting competition. Five shots each from 10, 15, 20, and 30 feet. 1 point for every shot made at 10, 2 points for 15, 3 points for 20, and 4 points for 30.

2. CTP competition. Five shots from 150, 200, and 250 feet. Closest to the pin wins 5 points from 150, 10 from 200, and 15 from 250.

3. Driving competition. Five drives, longest wins.

It's not ideal, but it's more TV and spectator friendly than four 18 hole rounds in the woods.

This doesn't even sound like golf anymore. If DG ever got in the Olympics and it was in this format I'd be disappointed.

I haven't read the whole thread, so I'm probably repeating this, but it seems like there are several other sports that are more popular, easier to televise and require a lot less room than disc golf that would be better candidates for the Olympics. Sports like American football and lacrosse would fit into these categories. Baseball isn't even an event this year and it's much more popular than disc golf.

Anyone who thinks there's a snowballs chance in h*ll for disc golf to be added into the Olympics is completely delusional.

I really hope no one in the PDGA is wasting time, effort and money on this.

Also, making a 10' putt is something a 12 year old can do the first day they play the game. There's nothing spectacular about hitting a target (basket) 4 times the size of the object (disc) you're throwing at the target.

Anyone who thinks there's a snowballs chance in h*ll for disc golf to be added into the Olympics is completely delusional.

I really hope no one in the PDGA is wasting time, effort and money on this.

Also, making a 10' putt is something a 12 year old can do the first day they play the game. There's nothing spectacular about hitting a target (basket) 4 times the size of the object (disc) you're throwing at the target.
One word: Plastics.

Wait, ****, no that's not right...

One word: Soccer.

Really? Is some one standing in front of your baskets trying to block your putt?
Not even a nice try. :p

Whoops, I must have misread that part of your post when you qualified it with goalies vs. non-goalies ;)

All kidding aside, you did have a good point with hoping they aren't wasting time or money on this.

Latest posts