• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf injuries

agent_peebody

* Ace Member *
I thought i would start one of these threads after what happened to me today on the course. I was walking along the side of the fairway after a drive, there are some trees and brush on my left. i was looking down at my iPod when i felt this painful stinging in my nipple :eek: i look to my left, and there's a bush with about 2" long thorns on it, and one just broke off in my nip. Now it's starting to scar up and it hurts like the dickens.

So, share your odd disc golf injuries here, i hope i'm not the only one who's had this happen to them. I'm also so allergic to poison ivy that i basically get it if i see it...so i have it almost all summer :thmbup:

Thorn breakage in the nip, FTW. :|

Edit: Was this at Rogers Lakewood?

for the loss is more like it...dang thing was stickin out of my nip cause i took the shirt off in this ridiculous heat and humidity...the world's are going to be sticky

btw - there was a whole page article in my local news paper about disc golf and the world's! had a picture of Schultz putting out on hole 1, red course, at Lemon Lake :thmbup:

Mesquite Grove DGC in
Chandler is known for drawing blood. I have a friend who played it for the first time a few weeks ago and got ripped up by mesquite thorns on the first hole. I literally had to get rid of a shirt because the blood stains caused by mesquite thorns during an adventurous round wouldn't come out.
OK, so this isn't really unusual, but it sure is painful. Oddly enough I still have some love for that course.

ouch

this didn't happen to me but a friend of mine was playing a course in sandals while walking to his disc on the last hole. he happened to kick his foot through the rough. he unfortunately found a thorny vine hiding in the rough and tore some skin off his foot.

I had the box at my last PDGA five holes into the round (I was birdie, par x 3) At hole 5, I went to step up to the tee-pad which is elevated and surrounded by a retaining wall. I was going to go left around the bench to get to it and someone parked their stool there right as I went to step, so I swung my leg around to go forward and somehow my foot got tangled up in my backstraps and I fell flat on my face into the bottom of the wall.

Everything hurt at that point, so I wasn't sure exactly what I had injured. But, I soon learned I had lost twist-ability (lower back) and proceeded to double bogey the next 3 holes losing my T-bird in a pond along the way. It was about the 5th hole afterwards that the Flexeril I chewed up restored my bendy qualities back! :eek:

I'm not blaming my 2nd place finish on it, but I was 5 strokes back in the end and I picked up 6 in a matter of minutes. :thmbdown:

Donovan needs to post his foot blister pictures here!

I destroyed my knee last week at Oshtemo Township Park · Kalamazoo, MI. Im going to the doctors today to have it looked at. It sounds like someone stepping on potato chips when i bend it. :\

i was looking down at my iPod when i felt this painful stinging in my nipple :eek: i look to my left, and there's a bush with about 2" long thorns on it, and one just broke off in my nip.

Look on the bright side, free nipple piercing. Now go grab a nipple ring and put that bad boy in there! :thmbup:

I was walking on a pretty sizable log across a small ravine (looking for a disc of course) when the damn thing broke and tumbled 5-8 feet into bushes and sticks and stuff. Nothing serious but I got scraped up pretty well because I was wearing shorts. It pretty much ruined my day.

part of the reason I like DG is that I don't get hurt. Playing ultimate for 4 years I broke my leg in 2 places and tore my rotator cuff. So far no injuries in a little over 2 years of disc golf *knocks on wood*

Last friday, I played Sandy Point in northern WI. On hole 8 (after I'm well warmed up), I throw my drive and watch it land actually IN the fairway. I turn around and start walking back to pick up my bag and get a sharp pain in my lower back. I go to the ground on my back to try and stretch it out. When I could get back to my feet, I finished the course, but very tentatively. At my age, that kind of thing is scary. Well, OK, at any age. I had to skip the course I was going to play on sunday, 'cause I still wasn't too mobile. I didn't play again until wednesday, still kind of tentative, but no problems. On thursday, back to normal. :confused:

my buddy got his ear literally split in half by a disc. somebody teed off right into his head. he superglued it back together. you can still see the seam. i should get him over here so i can get a picture to post.

Latest posts