• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc golf injuries

I've been hit and hit a friend on the course with a disc

nothing too serious though ... I'd hate to get whipped in the face although I have attempted a header rebound with an Ion (I think) and got banged on pretty good and that was just a putt

I've been hit and hit a friend on the course with a disc

nothing too serious though ... I'd hate to get whipped in the face although I have attempted a header rebound with an Ion (I think) and got banged on pretty good and that was just a putt

Saw the One that hit ya the whole way!! Hahaha

Mesquite Grove DGC in
Chandler is known for drawing blood. I have a friend who played it for the first time a few weeks ago and got ripped up by mesquite thorns on the first hole. I literally had to get rid of a shirt because the blood stains caused by mesquite thorns during an adventurous round wouldn't come out.
OK, so this isn't really unusual, but it sure is painful. Oddly enough I still have some love for that course.

Those thorns have an anti-coagulant (I think that is the spellin') that make the wound take for ever to clot. Some thorns on palms do that too (Pineapple or Canary Island palms are the worst)

My worst injuries were caused by poor tee sign placement. 1st at Twila Reid (Anaheim, CA) and later @ Liberty Park (Mesa, AZ). Smashed my left hand into the signs on my follow thru.

I was jacked at least a month each time. It forced me to throw righty and has been a great addition to the bundle of shot I already throw

I rolled my ankle the other day. There was a little bruising, swelling, and pain but not enough to keep me off the course...

I've worked on several ball golf courses and have been hit twice. First time I was sitting in my work cart waiting for a group to finish teeing off. One of the guys shanked it right into my ankle bone. Didn't even have time to get out of the way. Not broken but badly bruised...

The second I didn't even see comming. I was mowing the collars around the greens. When I approached the 5th green from the 6th hole I saw a group in the fairway. I pulled into the woods to get out of the way. Before I could turn the mower off, I got nailed in the left bicept. It bruised from my shoulder down to my elbow.

Here's a stupid one....Hole #7 at Tom Pearce, threw my Teebird up into a big ole oak tree. Stuck. My brother walks up, says "where did it go?" Standing right underneath it, I point and look up....THWONK it falls down right in my face. Splits my upper lip. Quick trip to the ER for stitiches and Vicodin. :doh:

Threw my back out not once but twice in the last year 1/2 from throwing sidearm and not stretching properly or long enough before the round. Had severe muscle spasms constantly even when I was just lying in bed motionless. Even just the slightest deep breath would trigger them. I couldnt get out of my bed for 3 days.
This weekend I hurt it, felt a slight pinch in my lower left back and everytime Id walk I would feel a striking pain shoot up my lefts side of my back. By the time I got home I could barely get out of my car and walk into my house. Felt like someone took my lower spine and put it in a vice. Only was stuck in bed for a day this time but I wont be throwing any sidearm until next spring....or ever.

throwing from "prison" one time...really let this disc rip, and smacked my fingers on a friggin tree. hurt like the dickens.

same day...angry putt from 2 feet away, jammed my index finger on the basket :wall: not a good day

There was a tree right next to the tee and I hit my hand on it and broke my hand. Also my fav disc when into a swamp.... not a good day

My foot slipped out from under me while throwing a down hill lie after it rained. I did the splits....man...hurt so bad. Like that scene in the office where Andy tore his scrote.

not an injury per se, but i pick up an inordinate amount of spider bites when i play.

got one last week that left an area about the size of a mini sore on my leg for a couple days.

meh

my shoulder is getting close to 100%, i'd say it's 90% there

yesterday while i was lining up my putt during my daily round at shaver on this hole, and something suddenly hit me in the head. i felt a sharp pain in my head and saw a bright flash while my eyes were still open. i sort of staggered for a moment, then looked around to see what hit me. at first, i thought someone threw on me and i got hit in the head. in a split second i was ready wheel around, throw it right back at the ass hole, and explode on him. it was actually a branch from the tree above me about as big around as my bicep that fell from the tree and hit me near the back of the top of my head.

i missed my putt and laughed my way to the next hole, rubbing the now-giant lump on the top of my head

yesterday while i was lining up my putt during my daily round at shaver on this hole, and something suddenly hit me in the head. i felt a sharp pain in my head and saw a bright flash while my eyes were still open. i sort of staggered for a moment, then looked around to see what hit me. at first, i thought someone threw on me and i got hit in the head. in a split second i was ready wheel around, throw it right back at the ass hole, and explode on him. it was actually a branch from the tree above me about as big around as my bicep that fell from the tree and hit me near the back of the top of my head.

i missed my putt and laughed my way to the next hole, rubbing the now-giant lump on the top of my head

thats why they call the widow makers

because of all the itching and scratching nettles and thousands of bug bites on my calves and shins this summer, i've effectively made my legs look like a meth user's

Morley field, some where around hole 8 or 9 i believe, can't remember exactly.

A few buddies and i were out playing a round with some first time players. One of the first timers drove right up to a small tree(4" diameter) and proceded to take his second his second shot and SMACK his forearm hits the small tree. It sounded like the tree snapped, but in reality it was the guys arm. Forearm broken in 2 places. Needless to say this was the first and last time he ever played. Its unfortunate too because he had a pretty good natural motion and could of been a good player.

Latest posts