• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Invention

Bglo

Par Member
Hey guys, for my high school engineering classes i have a seinor year project where you have to invent something that would improve everyday life. i ,being the disc golfer that i am, want to invent something that would make disc golfing easier. does anyone have any ideas?

ponder a way to retrieve disc out of the water (especially gator infested water, or 40 degree water)

that might work, any other inventions or problems that could be fixed by an invention?

Cheektowage huh? you have the PERFECT place to try out an underwater locator/retreiver in that beast called Como Lake :)

how about designing custom lights for the baskets for night play

Damn, I should patent before sharing

hahaha yeah prerube, i've lost many discs in como lake. RIP discs.

How about a key chain that when you push the button the disc makes a sound so you can find it.

How about small GPS units in baskets which are solar powered and hidden from view. That could be pretty sweet.

What about a small device on the disc, where if lost you could hit a remote button and the disc would beep. That would save me a ton of time.

Or how about a disc that could tell you the distance you threw and at what the top speed of your throw was. I think that would be great for practice

Give me some time and I will come up with some more.

I think it would be really cool to have a disc golf throwing machine that would throw discs with completely consistent speed, angles and spin (all adjustable). This would be really useful in testing discs.....as well as learning them (that's that part that would accomplish your "make things easier" goal).

invent something that would improve everyday life.

I like how disc golf fits in the "everyday life" mold. Laundry, washing dishes, brushing your teeth, disc golf--- you know, the normal routine.

I think it would be really cool to have a disc golf throwing machine that would throw discs with completely consistent speed, angles and spin (all adjustable). This would be really useful in testing discs.....as well as learning them (that's that part that would accomplish your "make things easier" goal).

That is a great idea that I have thought of as well. Ball golf has those club and ball testing robot machines, so why not disc golf. And then you could adapt if into a portable mechanical disc thrower and annihilate you buddies off the tee!!!

That is a great idea that I have thought of as well. Ball golf has those club and ball testing robot machines, so why not disc golf. And then you could adapt if into a portable mechanical disc thrower and annihilate you buddies off the tee!!!

yah but ball golf is alot more main stream than disc golf. and robotics are very expensive...

If you're supposed to "invent" something my first advice would be to stop asking others for their ideas and actually INVENT something. :)

yah but ball golf is alot more main stream than disc golf. and robotics are very expensive...

You would be surprised how inexpensive robots can be if you know the right people. I have a buddy, he is an engineer, and he told me if I wanted he could sell me a three axis robot from work for under $100. they just scrape them when they get new robots so they first try to sell them to employees. Worst decision I ever made not buying it.

Latest posts