• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Invention

How about a disc golf utility belt to hold everything that everyone else has suggested?

HPIM7896.jpg

I was on the course today and saw someone carrying a small, folding stool, like this one:

folding_stool.jpg

He sat on while waiting at the teeboxes (when there wasn't a bench or if the bench was full) and even while in play while waiting for the others in his group to throw. But he was also carrying his bag. So, what if you combined the two into something more along the lines of this, but made specifically to be a disc golf bag.

30786-Fladen-Backpack-Stool.jpg

Now, I know most of us are probably fine with standing, but I think having a stool on occasion would be nice. Especially if a teebox is pretty backed up.

I don't know. It's just an idea. But if you make any money off this, remember who came up with it!

Here's an idea I had, but I ain't no inventor:

You know how most bags come with a zippered top to close your bag, yet most of us just leave our bags wide open, 'cause who really wants to keep zipping and unzipping that thing (and rolling up the flap and sealing it in the Velcro straps, where applicable)...well, if you're playing during a light rain or snow (especially in a tourney), you may want to close that to prevent your discs from getting wet, but that could still be time-consuming and tedious! How about an umbrella- or canopy-type covering attached to telescoping rods on the back of the bag that would keep your discs covered, yet easily accessible? Sheesh, I wish I had a picture, but that would require building a prototype...

Yep I made the cart. It now has an umbrella mounted between the cooler and the rack to keep the discs dry in the rain and the dog can get under it on the sunny days when theres not much shade.

toight setup...bag mods are the way to go. does yours have an umbrulla/parasol as well? :D

for the project, i would think about going the cooler/rest stop/umbrulla/mp3 player with speakers route. would be an amalgamation of readily-available tech that wouldnt cost much and would be hip as harleys. Easy Peasy Japanesy.

I was on the course today and saw someone carrying a small, folding stool, like this one:

folding_stool.jpg

He sat on while waiting at the teeboxes (when there wasn't a bench or if the bench was full) and even while in play while waiting for the others in his group to throw. But he was also carrying his bag. So, what if you combined the two into something more along the lines of this, but made specifically to be a disc golf bag.

Now, I know most of us are probably fine with standing, but I think having a stool on occasion would be nice. Especially if a teebox is pretty backed up.

I don't know. It's just an idea. But if you make any money off this, remember who came up with it!

Good idea.

Already been done though.

Last tournament I played with a guy who made a dg cart out of a storage ottoman and a small folding dolly. He had room for a cooler and about a dozen discs inside, and his seat was instantly available wherever he was without any folding/unfolding. Wouldn't work on rougher courses, but I thought it was a fun idea.

Last tournament I played with a guy who made a dg cart out of a storage ottoman and a small folding dolly. He had room for a cooler and about a dozen discs inside, and his seat was instantly available wherever he was without any folding/unfolding. Wouldn't work on rougher courses, but I thought it was a fun idea.

Ha! I think I saw that same guy at a tourney this summer!...Unless several great minds are thinking alike, which isn't unheard of in our sport.

1. Something with tee pads... they can get slick when wet, they can get muddy, they are expensive. What about recycled rubber tee pads? made from tires? You could make money off this. dibs.

2. Disc Golf Basket... they can be expensive sometimes but could probably be made cheaper with different material. Maybe a really strong rubber? Recycled Rubber? you could make money off this. dibs.

3. Lighting... lighting is expensive for most parks, so they just dont have them. Go solar.

4. Disc retrieval... hows about a tiny little sound emitter that you could trigger from your keys? or call it on your cell phone? that would be cool... it would have to be very light...

5. Distance Measurement/Lighting... so think of those little flags that the city uses to mark off water pipes, now imagine they had tips/flags that lit up in the dark (solar probably). These flags would mark distances in a circle around the basket at 30ft, 100ft, 200ft, 300ft.... wherever you want them. At night it will look like an airport runway

6. A zip line from the tee to the basket... then we can all ahve aces!!!

Yea im out of ideas...

Or how about a disc that could tell you the distance you threw and at what the top speed of your throw was. I think that would be great for practice

I like that. Even though you wouldn't be able to tell which disc was your longest driver. Unless it was some sort of lightweight very thin chip that you could attach to different discs and later plug into your computer to get all the information.

A band aid for the bottom of the disc that inflates a small balloon to float the disc after it lands in water. What chemical mixes with water to make a safe gas. A small one way valve lets in enough water to make the gas to float the disc. Go for it!

Skateboard grip tape on non-textured concrete or otherwise slippery/treacherous tee pads.

folding_stool.jpg

Check out Gorilla-Boy.com

"Simian"

A disc flotation device that looks like a round band aid, it is attached in the center on the underside. It would need a one way valve to let in a small amount of water. The water reacts with a chemical ( like calcium carbide) to make gas that inflates a balloon which lifts the disc to the surface. Get busy!:clap: