• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Lessons in Charlotte

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Do you live near Charlotte, NC? Do you want to learn more about disc golf?

I'm offering lessons at Winget Park on the far Southwest end of Charlotte.

The cost? You pick. Pay me what you think the lesson was worth. If you can't afford to pay me, still contact me if you think I could teach you something! This is not about the money. I would not be the golfer I am without experienced players showing me the ropes, and I'm just passing on the torch.

I'm doing this mainly for practice. I can throw a good game, but I have a lot of room to grow as a teacher. By letting me help you, you will help me make better instructional videos. The more I analyze and break down what a good throw consists of face to face, the better I am at explaining it over the internet.

So PM me if you'd like to take me up on this offer!

I'm not going to lie, this chaps my bum a little. I'm currently living in Denver, but will be moving back to Ohio in a month or so. I just started playing about 6 weeks ago, and some of your videos on you tube have helped exponentially, then i started looking at courses on here from back home(just south of massillon), and they all videos. all of these videos were uploaded by you, and my plan was once i got home sending you a message asking to just come out and play a round to see what i could pick up from ya. Oh well what are ya gonna do. Good luck this year, and I'll bet you miss winter in ohio haha

I've been enjoying and benefiting from your videos since I started playing a year ago. Wish I lived closer to Charlotte! But then again, it's only a 563 mile road trip away--maybe....

This is a kind offer. I'll be in the Charlotte, NC area in October for the USDGC, so I'll be in touch prior to that if this is still up. Thanks!

Mike I may take you up on this on my next trip to Charlotte. I am usually there about once a month or so, and have some schedule flexibility too. Plus I am not a good golfer. I'd say I am completely mediocre with no outstanding skills.

And if you ever want to road trip it up to the Raleigh area and need a guide let me know. We don't have the numbers or quality of courses Charlotte has, but we have a few worth playing.

Aw man this is why I wish you were still in Ohio! Teach me how to throw long bombs away

Hopefully my upcoming distance driving video can help you :)

This is a kind offer. I'll be in the Charlotte, NC area in October for the USDGC, so I'll be in touch prior to that if this is still up. Thanks!

Cool, hit me up. I plan to try the September 29th qualifying round, and should I not make it I'm going to try to spectate at least, possibly filming too. Not planning on that though :)

Mike I may take you up on this on my next trip to Charlotte. I am usually there about once a month or so, and have some schedule flexibility too. Plus I am not a good golfer. I'd say I am completely mediocre with no outstanding skills.

And if you ever want to road trip it up to the Raleigh area and need a guide let me know. We don't have the numbers or quality of courses Charlotte has, but we have a few worth playing.

Sure, I'd be happy to try and help you out.

I'll keep you in mind whenever I make it out to Raleigh. Focusing on hitting up all the Charlotte courses for now, but I'm definitely looking to explore further out this fall. I love having all these new courses to film.

You'll need to make some trips to a few mountain courses. But public and private. The real fun of NC DG is up at elevation. Although there are times I really hate rhodendrons.

Hopefully my upcoming distance driving video can help you :)
:thmbup: Nice! I hope so, too. I've been trying to gain distance and work on my form but I still feel like I'm missing something. It seems so easy to visualize but difficult to execute.

Latest posts