• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf made Sportscenter Top 10!

Awesome. But when I read the title I was sure it must have been the putts to tie the Memorial on 18. That was truly an amazing sports moment.

I gotta say it's pretty cool that it made SportsCenter's top 10

Anyone say how the clip got to ESPN? I'm assuming they weren't covering the event. So someone who shot the clip knew who to submit it to at ESPN?

Double agreed. The 1:00am edition had a slightly better video than the 12:00 edition. With a bit of zoom, you can actually see the disc hit the basket. They called it correctly at 390 FEET and even finished it perfectly ... AWESOME!!

Nice job JTacoma03.

I wish I could take credit. This was a cell phone video from a spectator. I had just walked up from putting sunscreen on (yeah I'm super cool) when Nate was teeing off.

We tried to get hole 18 on, and the response was that the producers loved the story, but it wasn't compact enough for the top 10.

This is a milestone for disc golf, it won't innately change anything "just because" we were on SC...but it will slowly change attitudes and perspectives about the sport. It's one step at at a time!

Some people like to sh1t in other peoples corn flakes

At least SportsCenter did not point out that it was not the throw that Nate planned, but rather that the basket got in the way to block the disc from going OB.

Can't believe the thread made it this far without anyone saying "bad shot got lucky." :rolleyes:
While this shot most likely would have skipped OB had it not been cradled by the links, I'd say there was at least a 20% chance it digs and checks up. I saw it happen before, just sayin'.

Funny stuff! Tell them to come out to a tourney cause it would be fun kicking their ass around the course!

Forget to quote the guy that posted all the jocks were at the course bro-ing it up now in my previous post.

Thanks. Well, off the top of my head I was about 70% right.

I've always believed the quickest way to find information is to post wrong information on the internet, and wait a few minutes.
Probably quite true, but c'mon David... you've always believed that? :rolleyes:

I'm more than certain you're old enough to know what life was like before the internet, but not so old that senility keeps you from remembering those days. :p

I'm just messin' with you 'cause I'm bored and freezing my @ss off up here. Haven't played the entire month of February... prolly make it out to a course next weekend.

Last edited:
The Sportscenter Top 10 exposure can only help and if anything can be put in the go to list of selling points for disc golf(at least for a local activist such as myself). I think the next and more impactful step would be to get disc golf on the update feed ticker for at least the Worlds and USDGC. Don't have to do a cover story(although that would be great) but have some arrangement with PDGA to have their live scores for the top 2 or 3 cards linked to espn and on the ticker once an hour would be huge. Back to the ace! How awesome was that? I would retire, haha! Congrats Nate Doss

I'm more than certain you're old enough to know what life was like before the internet, but not so old that senility keeps you from remembering those days. :p

I'm just messin' with you 'cause I'm bored and freezing my @ss off up here. Haven't played the entire month of February... prolly make it out to a course next weekend.

Point taken. Before the internet, the method was to give wrong information in the presence of a brother-in-law, and wait.

Paradoxically, you've proved me wrong and proved my point at the same time.

Well done.