• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a very intelligent person! My point exactly I only charge more for shipping on ebay because Ebay charges me fees! My costs are upfront and discs start at a penny so you do the math and stop whining! thank you

Disc Golf Museum responds to complaints

For all those who complained on this thread. Disc Golf Museum Responds: I sell very little on ebay any more because Ebay and paypal keep raising there fees. Did you know ebay charges around 30 cents to a $1 to list the disc. Then 8.75 to 12% of the ending price they take. THEN when you pay with paypal they take another 30 cents upfront. AND THEN 2.9 percent of the payment itself! So after all those fees plus envelope, tape, paper for label and ink for printing the labels. It does REALLY cost me around $5.95 sometimes less and sometimes more to complete a transaction on EBAY. However on MY website http://www.discgolfmuseum.com/ shipping costs are all based on weight and actual shipping costs because I dont pay all those crazy fees! As far as my used discs go I find 30 percent of those Scuba diving where you would not be able to get your disc anyways. The other 70 percent is purchased from my hundreds of local customers who find discs on the course or there trunk of there car and trade them in for credit or cash. I go through thousands of discs and don't get anywhere by calling every phone number on the back. 90 percent of the time it is a old number or some dude that is really excited that I found his disc and then never calls me back to actually get the disc! BUT if you see a disc on my site that you know is yours by some distinguishing mark or name on it all you gotta do is a call me and schedule a time to pick it up FREE OF CHARGE! I do accept rewards but they are never required to get a disc back! So when you think about it I do a great service to the Disc Golf community by one: offering used discs for half the price of new ones and 2nd: you have the opportunity to get a disc back that you would most likely never see again! When as the last time you were 30 feet underwater with ZERO visibility in Lake Lewisville. Most of us not very often!

You mean you had to buy your discs back from him because he found them? If I had my name and number on the back of the disc, and I find someone throwing it, I would take it back, I would not give them a reward or buy it back from them. They should have called the number on the back.

If I got into a lake or a pond and found a disc that you gave up on, I would freaking love for you to try to take it back!!

You didn't lose it! You knew where it was! You made the choice to leave it there! You lost all ownership of the disc! If I find a disc on the course that has a number on it, I call every time! If I fish a disc out of the water, its mine to do whatever I want with it! If you wanted your disc bad enough, you should have jumped your ass in the water after it…

If I got into a lake or a pond and found a disc that you gave up on, I would freaking love for you to try to take it back!!

You didn't lose it! You knew where it was! You made the choice to leave it there! You lost all ownership of the disc! If I find a disc on the course that has a number on it, I call every time! If I fish a disc out of the water, its mine to do whatever I want with it! If you wanted your disc bad enough, you should have jumped your ass in the water after it…

Damn man , so if someone doesn't have the means to get it back, they pretty much loose all rights to it? And, you being the nice disc golfer that you are, care nothing about your fellow disc golfer, and you don't care to get their favorite disc back to them. Damn, you are a great guy

you're totally right. you left your car in the parking lot, so you gave up all ownership rights for me to break in and take it. makes perfect sense

..for starters, how does any of this make sense? The water on my courses is usually dark/murky and impossible to see through. Suppose I launch a drive into a creek filled with said water. I approach my lie for my 2nd shot, only to realize that my disc is hiding underneath the moss/algae/sewage runoff..

Do I know where my disc is? Not really. Am I choosing to leave it there? Yes, but only because I won't spend more than 20 minutes looking for a disc (unless its an exceptionally sentimentally valuable disc to me).

I'm just mad because this happened to me today... Lost my disc in the water of a creek no wider than 15', but I couldn't find it. If any of you play Saddle Hills, keep an eye out for a white QOLF on Hole #9. Its underneath the nastiness of the creek.

Wow, great analogy… Comparing my locked car in the parking lot, to a disc that you throw in the water. If I throw my car in the water, go ahead and take it…

I don't fish for discs! I'm just making a point that when you throw a disc in the water, and make the decision to leave it there and walk away, its no longer your property. I'm blown away that anyone would expect to get their disc back if they aren't willing to go get it!

I don't even write my info on my discs anymore. I've lost a lot of discs over the years, and not one person has ever called me about them. So, I now figure if I lose them, its my fault…

Midnight, I am a nice guy! I give discs away all the time! I just don't think its right to think you have the rights to a disc that you weren't willing to go get, and thinking that if you see someone else throwing the disc that you gave to the water monster, you're just going to go take it back! If I throw my disc in the water, and someone else is willing to go in and get it, by all means, they can have it!

you're totally right. you left your car in the parking lot, so you gave up all ownership rights for me to break in and take it. makes perfect sense

I agree with your posts most of the time JFK, but this is not a good analogy.

I think he has his priorities mixed up not to mention the hostile responses. If feebay is cutting into his profit margin than i think he needs to raise his prices and not try to pass those cost onto his customers as an inflated shipping costs. Everyone knows how much it costs to ship a disc: $1 for bubble mailer + ~$2 for first class mail = $3.

Last edited:
Legally, hes right though, these discs are abandoned property and the finder has good title to the property. From an ediquette stand point, those who appreciate and respect the game will ALWAYS make the call back.

This IMO is a little different though. Now you are talking business ethic and ethically you should proab spend the time or hire someone to go through and call #s on the discs. You don;t have to come out of pocket to return it either. ask for a "donation" and at the very least make them pay a non-inflated return fee - say $5

Just my 2 cents

My thoughts are if it goes into the water, unless I can see it from the shore, I'm not going in after it. If by chance I do get it back, wonderful! But I've pretty much resigned myself to letting it go. If someone wants to go down there with scuba gear, then that's fine with me. Someone actually did find one of my discs in the lake at Tom Triplett in Savannah. He lost his favorite disc in the lake, so he went home and got his scuba gear! Trophy Lakes does this and the money goes back into the course. They have a diver go in and look for discs, and they charge a couple bucks.

Last edited:
discgolfmuesuem is a sham and if you dont get anywhere calling the numbers well atleast you did your due diligence but by not calling you are pretty much like a guy who steals scrap metal i mean no one was around to say i shouldnt and there wasnt even a number on that metal cable man 1000th post whoo hoo

Legally, hes right though, these discs are abandoned property and the finder has good title to the property.

Legally, it's lost property and failure to return is theft. Research the thousands of lost disc threads before posting this nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts